HTC AMAZE 4G Will not update

BBerry9900

Apr 11, 2013
Visit site
Bought my son his first Android for his birthday. HTC Amaze 4G T-Mobile. It is currently running Android Version 2.3.4 which is old. Its been 2 weeks now and to this day shows "no updates avail." T-mobile and HTC support tell me it will eventually update. Any way i can update this sooner? Thanks Android forum!

stevedebi

Apr 11, 2013
Visit site
Bought my son his first Android for his birthday. HTC Amaze 4G T-Mobile. It is currently running Android Version 2.3.4 which is old. Its been 2 weeks now and to this day shows "no updates avail." T-mobile and HTC support tell me it will eventually update. Any way i can update this sooner? Thanks Android forum!

There are stock RRU available on XDA-Developers.com. You could flash one of those. But if the phone is already stock, it should update on it's own. However, normally these updates happen immediately. Here are the instructions from T-Mobile; you can always download the latest update from HTC.

Software update: HTC Amaze 4G Support | T-Mobile

Did you get the phone second hand? Perhaps it is not on the stock ROM. If you turn off the phone, then hold Volume down and the Power switch, it should go into recovery. See if it says LOCKED on the upper left. If it says UNLOCKED the phone has probably been modified and won't upgrade.

BBerry9900

Apr 11, 2013
Visit site
hey thanks. Well, ive called Tmobile and HTC and they keep telling me to wait. This phone is not unlocked. Not sure where to go from here.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindagibney