Hey everyone, I am going to be returning my HTC one for an S4, does anyone know if tmobile will give me grief for having it unlocked and rooted? I am assuming no but i did not want to come right out and ask the guy on the phone just incase there was an issue. I understand the s4 comes with an unlocked bootloader so it seems tmobile is understanding on the development community but coming from verizon im a little paranoid. I have android revolution HD on it right now, would i be safe putting my nandroid back on and uninstalling root and then just leaving it as is or what would you recommend. Thank for any information you may have!!
    05-07-2013 10:51 PM
    Odds are the guys in the store won't notice, but if they do check and discover it I strongly suspect they'll say "no way, Jose."

Samsung's have pretty much always been unlocked in that regard, except on Verizon. I think the locked bootloader on the One is more an HTC decision than a T-Mob one, but that doesn't mean T-Mobile condones rooting.
    dandiele likes this.
    05-07-2013 11:03 PM
    I would actually not be returning it to the store, I have to ship it to Ft Worth, Texas because i got it shipped to me. the guy at my local store has a nexus 4 and i even talked to him about rooting, i know hes cool with it. but the guy on the phone just said when they got it they would scan in the barcode on the box and accept it and id have my credit in about 3 days so i can get my s4. Im guessing they send them back to HTC for a Refurb?
    05-07-2013 11:05 PM
    My opinion I would unroot and restore it back to stock if at all possible. Less worries or headaches.
    05-07-2013 11:07 PM
    the guy at my local store has a nexus 4 and i even talked to him about rooting, i know hes cool with it.
    Yeah I've come across the same thing with my local Sprint repair guy, he will talk all day long and show you his rooted & ROM'd device but when it comes to warranty work, etc.. he's by the book.
    dandiele likes this.
    05-07-2013 11:09 PM
    I will definitely restore my nandroid of stock and uninstall superuser if I can. how ever from my understanding the bootloader in the white screen will just show relocked if I lock it again. currently says unlocked and tampered beneath that, but since this isn't a warranty deal i am hoping ill be ok.....
    05-07-2013 11:09 PM
    I mean since im not saying anything is broke there isnt anything to void, and so i have a hard time seeing how they could say i couldn't exchange it. Just wanted to see if anyone has ran into a nightmare. And HTC has to be able to COMPLETELY restore regardless of bootloader status so if it gets sent to them even with using there tool its not a warranty issue so what could be voided? i dunno i may be stressing about nothing..
    05-07-2013 11:16 PM
    You will know when they don't give you the refund! I personally would be infuriated if I received a refurb that had been tampered with! I have also emailed a link of this thread to the appropriate people!

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk 2
    05-08-2013 12:01 AM
    I mean since im not saying anything is broke there isnt anything to void, and so i have a hard time seeing how they could say i couldn't exchange it. Just wanted to see if anyone has ran into a nightmare. And HTC has to be able to COMPLETELY restore regardless of bootloader status so if it gets sent to them even with using there tool its not a warranty issue so what could be voided? i dunno i may be stressing about nothing..
    Well that escalated quickly...

Sent from my Verizon Droid DNA
    05-08-2013 12:03 AM
    LMAO! your a pathetic excuse for a human. You really think t mobile is going to care about your little email? you don't know my IMEI you don't know my serial number you don't know my phone number or my account password and even if you know my name lol there not going to listen to you.

And if you think you have never gotten a refurbed device that has been tampered with lmao you have no idea. just a silly waste of time your comments are.
    You will know when they don't give you the refund! I personally would be infuriated if I received a refurb that had been tampered with! I have also emailed a link of this thread to the appropriate people!

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk 2
    05-08-2013 08:52 AM
    LMAO! your a pathetic excuse for a human. You really think t mobile is going to care about your little email? you don't know my IMEI you don't know my serial number you don't know my phone number or my account password and even if you know my name lol there not going to listen to you.

And if you think you have never gotten a refurbed device that has been tampered with lmao you have no idea. just a silly waste of time your comments are.
    You're right. But your posting behavior IS something which can and will be corrected.

Sent from my (fill in the blank) phone using (fill in the blank software)
    05-08-2013 08:58 AM
    Closed
    05-08-2013 09:04 AM