What's your HTC One LTE speeds?

JRKegley

May 29, 2013
Visit site
In Jax FL I just got LTE on my ride to work and got some crazy speeds! With three bars of LTE I just tested at:

Download: 39.0 Mbs
Upload: 21.86 Mbs
Ping: 39 ms

Thats connecting to an Orlando server as well. I can't wait until more of the city is covered, that upload speed alone is almost double my normal WiFi download speed.

What's your LTE speed looking like? :)

Posted via Android Central App

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I was curious how LTE was in Jacksonville FL.. I live here as well but I am on Sprint. Sprint isn't bad but I have been considering Tmobile.. May be able to get a family plan going and theirs seem good.

How is the HSPA around Jacksonville? Some of my friends have it and seem to enjoy it but curious your thoughts. Also do you see LTE often?

Sent from my Sprint HTC One using AC forums.

Mellimel22

Banned
Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
I was curious how LTE was in Jacksonville FL.. I live here as well but I am on Sprint. Sprint isn't bad but I have been considering Tmobile.. May be able to get a family plan going and theirs seem good.

How is the HSPA around Jacksonville? Some of my friends have it and seem to enjoy it but curious your thoughts. Also do you see LTE often?

I did the same thing lol. By the looks of the website u should have lte. Hspa+ is nice but lte is real nice bro lol. The only thing I miss is native Google wallet support and that's changing when I get a n4 from the play store or t-mobile depending if the one from t-mobile has gw unlocked.

Sent from my T-Mobile LG Escape using Tapatalk 2

JRKegley

May 29, 2013
Visit site
Their HSPA+ is great is jax, I travel often for work and get full 4g signal pretty much everywhere around town until you get south of SR-210. Their LTE is still pretty spotty at the moment, I've found about three or four areas that have LTE coverage but it could definitely be better.
The good thing about T-Mobile in Jax is that even if LTE is still spotty for a few months their HSPA+ speeds are about as fast as most carriers LTE. I frequently get 10-15 down about 3 up on HSPA+ with a very wide range of coverage.

Hope that answered some of your curiousity!

Mellimel22

Banned
Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
For Chicago to be a fresh market. Tmobiles LTE pretty much matchs sprints in terms of coverage. I just pulled this today look at the time.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1373994407995.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1373994407995.jpg
    71.1 KB · Views: 70

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Their HSPA+ is great is jax, I travel often for work and get full 4g signal pretty much everywhere around town until you get south of SR-210. Their LTE is still pretty spotty at the moment, I've found about three or four areas that have LTE coverage but it could definitely be better.
The good thing about T-Mobile in Jax is that even if LTE is still spotty for a few months their HSPA+ speeds are about as fast as most carriers LTE. I frequently get 10-15 down about 3 up on HSPA+ with a very wide range of coverage.

Hope that answered some of your curiousity!

Yeah that's why I am considering them... The HSPA+ backup would be better than the 3g I am stuck on when not in an LTE area with Sprint. I am mostly in the mandarin area and near Emerson for work.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Hm it won't let me edit that post.. Weird..

Anyway yeah just been looking at their family plan.. Might do it if I can talk the parents into joining.. I've got them into text but trying to get them to understand how much they'd love smartphones (they love pictures.. I could see them txt'ing pictures all day). It is the cheapest I can find and especially because I could set their lines up with 500MB of data and mine with unlimited. It would be perfect.

They think I'm crazy since I don't have a landline at my house like them... Sigh.. Older people lol.

Mellimel22

Banned
Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
Hm it won't let me edit that post.. Weird..

Anyway yeah just been looking at their family plan.. Might do it if I can talk the parents into joining.. I've got them into text but trying to get them to understand how much they'd love smartphones (they love pictures.. I could see them txt'ing pictures all day). It is the cheapest I can find and especially because I could set their lines up with 500MB of data and mine with unlimited. It would be perfect.

They think I'm crazy since I don't have a landline at my house like them... Sigh.. Older people lol.

My grandparents barely use the landline. My grandmother doesn't at all and she owns a brand new hp laptop and an android phone I guess I get my tech since from her and my father lol. They are with att though and never are leaving sad to say. But yeah Tmobile so far is great.

JRKegley

May 29, 2013
Visit site
I am in the mandarin area as well and I can say pretty confidently that you'll have constant 4g in that area, I am not so sure about Emerson but it should be fine there too. Its definetly worth it if you can get the whole family on board, good luck pal!

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I may be switching tomorrow. Sprint won't unlock my HTC One even though I bought it full price.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Sprint pissed me off also which is why I switched also.

Yep. It really makes me mad they tell me they won't unlock (they can.. And know they can) for domestic use even though I am not under contract with this phone.. I bought it fully with my money. That's just messed up so.. I'll leave :).

Mellimel22

Banned
Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
Yep. It really makes me mad they tell me they won't unlock (they can.. And know they can) for domestic use even though I am not under contract with this phone.. I bought it fully with my money. That's just messed up so.. I'll leave :).

When u thinkin of leavin bro??

Mellimel22

Banned
Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
Good stuff bro. I'm admitting I'm loving havin a gsm phone again. And loving t-mobile speeds.

coronaboy10

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
In southwestern Illinois and I've yet to see LTE anywhere near me. I'm actually about 25 minutes out of St. Louis Missouri, but we dont' have it here yet. I guess we're not considered a major market.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Good stuff bro. I'm admitting I'm loving havin a gsm phone again. And loving t-mobile speeds.

Yep I will also like the support for pong SMS messages as well.

ne0ne

Jun 26, 2013
Visit site
I'm not on TMO but my HTC one speeds are generally a consistent 40-60mbps down and 15-25 up. Att here. Although I want to change to tmo

HTC One - Unlocked, ARHD 12, Bulletproof Kernel, Several mods.
Nexus 7 - Cyanogenmod
Tab 2 7 - Cyanogenmod

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I'm not on TMO but my HTC one speeds are generally a consistent 40-60mbps down and 15-25 up. Att here. Although I want to change to tmo

HTC One - Unlocked, ARHD 12, Bulletproof Kernel, Several mods.
Nexus 7 - Cyanogenmod
Tab 2 7 - Cyanogenmod

Oh yeah att will beat in speed but I'm okay with the speed tmobile gets.. They are very fast plus all the data you what to use.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance