Wifi Calling Question - Worth Switching for?

TBoltJ

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
The wifi calling sounds great since my coverage on any carrier where I live is very bad. I am currently Verizon and cant get a call. Ive read of a few issues with the TMobile wifi calling and want to know if its reliable enough to be worth switching. Thanks in advance.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I'd say so.. When I am home I can make a call anywhere around my house without an issue.. And receive them of course. Also supports SMS and MMS functions as well.

Sent from my T-Mobile HTC One using AC Forums.

Greg C

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
Here are some links for ya to check out:

http://support.t-mobile.com/thread/42557?start=t=0

Wi-Fi Calling | T-Mobile Support

https://www.facebook.com/pages/T-Mobile-USA-UMA-Wifi-Calling/152085804808866

The wifi calling sounds great since my coverage on any carrier where I live is very bad. I am currently Verizon and cant get a call. Ive read of a few issues with the TMobile wifi calling and want to know if its reliable enough to be worth switching. Thanks in advance.

ownedinthedome

Aug 27, 2013
Visit site
I still live at home in my basement which does not get good reception..period. I used to have virgin mobile and if I wanted to send a text my phone had to point in a very certain direction, and making a call without using the house phone was nearly impossible unless standing in the perfect position. Switched to t-mobile not only for the wifi calling/texting, but also for the HTC One and low monthly payment while being able to pay for the htc one with my payments. HOLY CRAP MAN, what is any company doing without wifi calling and texting?! Such a big difference and a happier me. I also get bad reception at my buddies house, BOOM WIFI CALLING, I also get bad reception at work, BOOM WIFI CALLING, if you find yourself getting bad reception in a few frequently visited places, and even much more important your own home, I don't see why I didn't hook up with t-mobile sooner. Sure I'm paying twice as much as my old carrier ($35 before, $70 with the phone payment now, if you pay it off early its $50 so only $15 more), but also have this AMAZING phone and reception where as needed. Whats the point in saving some money when you are wanting to slam your phone into the nearest wall texting someone "whats up" haha. Also you are with verizon so I think t-mobile would be cheaper. The way I look at it is, if your with verizon and getting crappy reception than every other service is going to give you crappy service in that area, but in a city every service is just fine with reception. Only difference is your paying less and get wifi calling/texting with t-mobile. I had one problem earlier today with wifi calling where the call wouldnt go through, had to restart my phone which took 4 seconds with the htc one quick boot, other than that it works flawlessly, but if you are already getting crappy reception, im willing to bet 4 second reboot is better than 5 minutes walking around trying to find a decent spot without dropping a call...

Phoneguy108

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I still live at home in my basement which does not get good reception..period. I used to have virgin mobile and if I wanted to send a text my phone had to point in a very certain direction, and making a call without using the house phone was nearly impossible unless standing in the perfect position. Switched to t-mobile not only for the wifi calling/texting, but also for the HTC One and low monthly payment while being able to pay for the htc one with my payments. HOLY CRAP MAN, what is any company doing without wifi calling and texting?! Such a big difference and a happier me. I also get bad reception at my buddies house, BOOM WIFI CALLING, I also get bad reception at work, BOOM WIFI CALLING, if you find yourself getting bad reception in a few frequently visited places, and even much more important your own home, I don't see why I didn't hook up with t-mobile sooner. Sure I'm paying twice as much as my old carrier ($35 before, $70 with the phone payment now, if you pay it off early its $50 so only $15 more), but also have this AMAZING phone and reception where as needed. Whats the point in saving some money when you are wanting to slam your phone into the nearest wall texting someone "whats up" haha. Also you are with verizon so I think t-mobile would be cheaper. The way I look at it is, if your with verizon and getting crappy reception than every other service is going to give you crappy service in that area, but in a city every service is just fine with reception. Only difference is your paying less and get wifi calling/texting with t-mobile. I had one problem earlier today with wifi calling where the call wouldnt go through, had to restart my phone which took 4 seconds with the htc one quick boot, other than that it works flawlessly, but if you are already getting crappy reception, im willing to bet 4 second reboot is better than 5 minutes walking around trying to find a decent spot without dropping a call...

Thanks for the info. Exactly the information I was looking for. I have the same basement issues as well and thinking of switching over to Tmobile for the WIFI calling.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay