HTC One Mobile Hotspot & PS3

deekim

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
Hello all
Been a super long time since I posted here, I recently got the new HTC One when my local T-Mobile first got it in stores, I was literally the first person to buy it in that branch.
Anyway back to the main topic.

I use my phone almost flawlessly to connect my PS3 via the Mobile Hotspot. I can connect and play whenever I want, which is great, although I only have 1 problem, which seems to be a very common problem as we don't have access to change this feature.

I use it to play Black Ops 2 with friends and on multiplayer. I have no problem getting in and our of games on a regular basis, but when it comes to playing with friends and teaming up in the same lobby its VERY difficult, as one of my friends NEEDS to have an OPEN NAT Type. Even with 1 friend with an open nat type we can all connect, but 95% of the time, theres always 1 person we can't hear over the mic and I think its because hes on strict via somebodies elses wifi.

My question is this;

Is it possible to get an OPEN NAT Type on the HTC One M7 via Mobile Hotspot?
I believe its a UPnP feature/setting that we don't have access to because its specific for certain routers.

Is there any work around this?

Thank you all in advance for any information.

**EDIT**

Is it possible to connect my Mobile Hotspot via HTC One to a wireless router and thus being able to get an open nat type?
Is it possible to use some sort of usb to ethernet cable stright from the phones usb port?
* I suppose I can always buy a cheap laptop, plug my phone into usb tethering and make the laptop a hotspot, would that make it an open nat type?

My phone is NOT rooted and I no longer have a PC as mine took a crap. =(

Last edited:

BlakeGates

Aug 4, 2012
Visit site
You could, I don't know, pay for normal broadband Internet instead of trying all these mickey mouse ways of playing Call of Duty through your phone tether.

Also, I would imagine that the reason you have had no answer is because no one knows/thinking the same thing I just described above.

Just my 2 pennies.

..From my Black HTC One via AC App

clickclick#AC

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
You can't and won't ever have access to change that feature as you don't have access to tmobiles routers your thinking of your phone as the router but that isn't the case

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using AC Forums mobile app