T-Mobile HTC One: Music showing up randomly on my lock screen

kickinkirei

Sep 1, 2013
Visit site
I was wondering if anyone has had this happen our knows how to fix this. For the past three days when I push my power button and go to the lock screen it has my music player on and it says "unknown artist" and "unknown song". It also shows the pause sign which technically should mean music is playing but there is no sound. When I push it then unlock it, it doesn't show up fit a little while then it just end up showing up again. Does anyone have any ideas? It's very annoying because instead of seeing texts or missed calls, all I see is that. Please respond if you know anything!

Last edited by a moderator:

ahmad_14

Jun 8, 2011
Visit site
Re: Music showing up randomly on my lock screen

The same exact thing is happening to me and it just started about a week ago. I have no idea what it is but if I figure it out, I'll let you know.

-Ahmad

JDMars

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site

I too am having the same problem. It's been happening for about 2-3 weeks. Can't find anything about it on the net.

ahmad_14

Jun 8, 2011
Visit site

I was wondering if anyone has had this happen our knows how to fix this. For the past three days when I push my power button and go to the lock screen it has my music player on and it says "unknown artist" and "unknown song". It also shows the pause sign which technically should mean music is playing but there is no sound. When I push it then unlock it, it doesn't show up fit a little while then it just end up showing up again. Does anyone have any ideas? It's very annoying because instead of seeing texts or missed calls, all I see is that. Please respond if you know anything!

I THINK I SOLVED IT!!!!! Do any of you have an app called 8tracks? Its a music streaming/player. If so, try disabling or uninstalling it. I disabled it and the "unknown artist" on the lock screen issue seems to have resolved itself. Let me know how it goes!!

Scott_HTC_DNA

Sep 5, 2013
Visit site

Ahmad,

I believe you are right. I have 8tracks, and the newest version on Google Play is from Aug 28 (note I have an HTC Droid DNA so the dates may differ).

In 8tracks under settings, there's an option to "Shut down". I did that, and the "Unknown Artist" problem went away on my lockscreen.

I believe 8tracks auto-runs on boot. Hopefully it won't restart itself if they provide a "Shut down" option.

ahmad_14

Jun 8, 2011
Visit site

Scott,

Thanks so much for the info. I just disabled 8tracks but I'm going to take your approach to it now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy