HTC One Tmo won't boot after update

hackmaster

Oct 22, 2013
Visit site
HTC One Tmo US fully stock and fully updated:

Ran the updater Monday night (they day the update was released) over my wifi. Verified it was all charged and, after it downloaded the update, left it plugged in (to the OEM charger by coincidence) and returned an hour or so later.

The phone was just sitting at the "HTC quietly brilliant" screen with the brightness at full strength (made the room light up). Glared, high-fived myself for using Google Voice and left it for another 2 hrs (checked on it every once in a while with no change).
About 3 hours after it initially start the upgrade process (meaning it rebooted and gave the android update screen), I decided to give up and power cycle the phone (hold under light and hold the power button). It rebooted and immediately came back up to the HTC boot screen. It made no noise to my memory and just sat there at full brightness. I let it sit overnight (6 hrs).

This morning, gave up and power cycled it while holding down the volume-down button to bring up the HBOOT screen.

Got fastboot going and the computer (Win7 64bit) detected it but now I am stuck trying to get it to ADB so I can reinstall. This, however, might be the wrong tactic so I appreciate advice on how to un-brick and proceed.

I tried the Factory Reset on the HBOOT screen and the Wipe Cache and Wipe Data from the Recovery mode. Recovery did not have an option to do the "adb sideload" that I see on Nexus devices, just install .zip from storage (which I can't do because it does not have an SD card).

Any help is appreciated, at this point I have given up on the state (new or old OS) or the factory default state (I have everything backed up) I just need to get back up and running.

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Once you can get it to recognize the phone in ADB you can attempt to run the RUU package to flash it back to 4.1.2 and then try again allowing it to OTA update.

Otherwise if you don't feel like going thru the hassles I would walk into your local T Mo store and toss them the phone and say this is the state my phone is in after doing the 4.3 update. 99.9% positive they will replace the device. Not the first time and won't be the last that an official update has caused a device to be messed up.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1