Disabling the blinkfeed - new feature, still not able to do it

godofpathos

Oct 24, 2013
Visit site
So apparently you can now disable blinkfeed under Android 4.3 (which I have), but you need Sense 5.5, whatever that is. Apparently I only have Sense 5.0 running on my phone. Can I physically force an upgrade to 5.5 so I can turn off blinkfeed? And yes, I am aware there are launchers or whatever but I don't want to install anymore bloatware on my OS, thank you. Why didn't T-mobile roll out Sense 5.5 at the same time they rolled out the Android upgrade??

supert1020

May 24, 2011
Visit site
As far as I've heard sense 5.5 wasn't ready yet and American wireless company's wanted to get 4.3 out quickly so they released 4.3 with sense 5.0 but now Europe wireless company's are releasing 4.3 with 5.5 now so hopefully America HTC Ones will get the Since 5.5 upgrade soon

Posted via Android Central App

romdude

Oct 22, 2013
Visit site
He's saying other launchers aren't bloatware if you use it. The moment you turn off blinkfeed, it doesn't remove the "bloat", it just turns it off. In other words, you only get an extra screen but you don't get extra storage memory unless you didn't clean blinkfeed's cache before you turned it off.

HTC Sense 5.5. is only active for HTC One's in Europe at the moment, it hasn't arrived in the US yet. Let's hope they update Sense 5.0 first us instead of updating to Sense 5.5 along with Kitkat 4.4.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781