T-Mobile HTC One: KitKat update won't finish, red exclamation point???

Hiberny

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site
Has this happened to anyone else? I can download the Kitkat update just fine, and it reboots to install. However at around 25% it stops and changes to a red exclamation point. I've done a factory reset and it still happens. I haven't rooted or modified the software in any way. HTC's customer service won't be in until Monday, so I may just have to grow more patient.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jaggrey

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
Re: Kitkat update won't finish, red exclamation point???

Is there a way to delete the update so it can download again?

Posted via Android Central App

Hiberny

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site

I've redownloaded it over a dozen times. I know some people had this issue with the 4.3 update too.

Hiberny

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site

T-Mobile support walked me through clearing the cache partition and doing a factory reset :/. No help. If HTC support can't help T-Mobile said they'd send me a replacement. I suppose that won't be the worst thing to happen, but I'd rather keep using my phone.

HelloNNNewman

Administrator
Network Moderator
Oct 2, 2012
Visit site

Sorry to hear about your issue! Keep us informed as to what happens and if you are able to get a solution without having to send it in. :(

Hiberny

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site

HTC's support wasn't helpful at all. They walked me through the same steps. T-Mobile will be sending me a replacement. I wish they'd send a new and not refurbished unit, but I'm not going to hold my breath :-\.

Part of me thinks there is a solution and these inept tech support people are having me swap my phone out for nothing :(.

Hiberny

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site

I know nothing of reflashing, and honestly, don't care to learn. I just want my phone to work and receive the promised updates :(. I used to enjoy fiddling with my phone, but need it to function for my job. I really can't afford to brick my phone.

Hiberny

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site

T-Mobile sent me a replacement. The first thing I did was update it. Everything went without a hitch.

Oh well. I won't let this turn me off of HTC products, though some of my friends are scoffing and swearing that they'll never buy an HTC phone now :).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC