HTC One M7 update

05 TypeS DC5

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
For those of you who still check the forums there is an update out today on T-Mobile. Looks like it brings android 4.4.3 .

Posted via Android Central App

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-09-12-10-39-19.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-09-12-10-39-19.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 26

GeodudeFFP

May 15, 2014
Visit site
I think they incorporated some of the SSL security updates from 4.4.4 into this 4.4.3 update (yeah, sounds odd, but true). Been using heavily for one day with no problems yet.

Posted via Android Central App

Last edited:

Paul Falgout

Sep 18, 2014
Visit site
This updated caused my phone to overheat and now it's totally dead. And since this phone is older it's out of warranty.

I had pretty much identical problems to what is described here in the forum: Huge Problems After 4.4.3 AT&T Update (new account, I can't post the link)

T-Mobile had me contact HTC. HTC told me it was T-Mobile's modification of the update that caused the problem, and that my phone was out of warranty and I'd have to pay for the repairs.

Kegu

Sep 28, 2014
Visit site
Screenshot_2014-09-28-17-29-07[1].jpg

Guys, I need a little help. After updating to the latest version, my phone started experiencing some problems.
I get the constant message of "People has stopped working"
I'm no longer able to call anyone on my phone as it crashes.
On the bottom right of the screen used to be my Phone app. It has now reverted to the Android icon.

Do anyone know how to fix this?

If not, I was thinking of wiping my phone clean and do a fresh install. But before I do that, I wanted to save all my contacts. But I'm not sure if I restore the phone, will my contacts be saved?

Sorry for all the grammar mistakes. I'm a bit flustered and need access to my contacts as soon as I can. If anyone can help, either on the People app, or have any idea on how to save my contacts when I restore, it is much appreciated. Thanks!

+Incase anyone was wondering, no, I've never rooted my HTC One M7 before, nor have I tried.
Update 2:
+Turns out that a hard reset did not work. Talking to a HTC Rep now to see if he/she can help.
Update 3:
+Seems like it has to be sent in for repairs.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coehlcke