weak speaker

dfur1016

Jul 2, 2010
Visit site
Is it just me or does anyone else have a weak speaker on their sensation? Volume is super low when I use speaker phone or video.

MattMJB0188

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
Download Volume+ from the market or get it from the developer's web site. It will drastically improve the speakerphone. On the side note, HTC is aware of the speakerphone issues and supposedly working on a huge software update which will be out end of August.

Sent from my HTC Sensation :D

Reactions: matthewkreth

anagrama

Jul 18, 2011
Visit site
Download Volume+ from the market or get it from the developer's web site. It will drastically improve the speakerphone. On the side note, HTC is aware of the speakerphone issues and supposedly working on a huge software update which will be out end of August.

Sent from my HTC Sensation :D

It's great to hear that HTC is working on a software fix, can you tell us where you came across that info? Not that I am doubting you, but if I don't have to dl a secondary app to fix this problem, I would prefer not to...

MattMJB0188

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
It's great to hear that HTC is working on a software fix, can you tell us where you came across that info? Not that I am doubting you, but if I don't have to dl a secondary app to fix this problem, I would prefer not to...

Honestly I don't have the link. It was somewhere on the HTC Sensation forum from T-Mobile. Someone had e-mailed HTC and apparently they acknowledged the low volume and said it would be addressed in an OTA update. We will see. I would take it with a grain of salt until something is confirmed. Doesn't hurt to lurk around though. Volume+ is awesome and safe.

Dr. Bal

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Yes Volume+ is awesome will definitely crank up your speaker volume by a good amount. Only downside is that for me it does not increase voicecall speakerphone volume....just media, etc.

MattMJB0188

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
Yes Volume+ is awesome will definitely crank up your speaker volume by a good amount. Only downside is that for me it does not increase voicecall speakerphone volume....just media, etc.

It does for me. Do you have headset settings enabled?

Sent from my HTC Sensation

Bruce404

Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
Is it just me or does anyone else have a weak speaker on their sensation? Volume is super low when I use speaker phone or video.
I noticed the same weak maximum speaker volume upon buying my Sensation on the very first weekend of availability in the USA (12 June 2011 at WalMart).

I soon set up a Google Alert with the following search logic:
"HTC Sensation AND (volume OR loudness OR ringtone OR sound OR weak OR low)". It has produced links to dozens, if not hundreds, of postings throughout the internet on this problem.

Glad to hear that HTC may be remedying this. I'd rather let them handle it than turn to an App like Melius Volume+ which warns many times not to crank up the volume too high, as it may damage the speakers -- weak (but high quality otherwise) as they already are.

I temporarily but partially solved the problem on hearing my ringtone in noisy environments by two methods. First, I took a preferred tune and used the free Audacity software (Audacity: Free Audio Editor and Recorder) to substantially raise its volume level, saved it, and loaded it onto my phone.

Second, I came across a likable enough .mp3 song that already had a quite high sound level, with high-toned intro instrumentals that were easy to hear (La Enorme Distancia.mp3, by Chavela Vargas, 2883 Kb, track no. 9), and am using that now. Of course, not every .mp3 file version of this song by this artist may have the same high sound level I found.

Please, HTC, if you are reading this, fix the weak speaker problem. Thank you.

Last edited:
Reactions: techienana

Dr. Bal

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
How do you boost the volume of a ringtone with Audacity? I couldn't find the setting for this anywhere on the Audacity app. Thanks...

rw0749

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
It does for me. Do you have headset settings enabled?

Sent from my HTC Sensation
You mentioned about the "headphone" settings where is that.. I downloaded the volume + app.. (the 1.62 one) and it did improve my extremely pour volume.. I only have it set at 12 and that is a lot better, I could not even hear the phone ring if it was in my pocket...Why HTC would ship a device knowing this.. or maybe the design tech was deaf???

techienana

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
Well, now, it's May 2012 and even after the ICS update the sound on the Sensation is poor! Pairing it with the Plantronics Backbeat Go was a sad experience and I was just about to return the earbuds when I found this thread. I tried Volume+, no go; Equalizer, couldn't really tell and didn't want to pay for the app to find out. Then I found Music Volume EQ...Problem solved. This worked immediately and noticeably with the headset and now it's a keeper.

For those files that are still lower in volume than I like, usually mp3s that I made, I am using an audio editor to amplify the sound.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samyblaze