Keyboard issues

kenman345#AC

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
Anyone else having issues with the touch input on their Sensation 4G?

I have the T-Mobile Sensation 4G and i have noticed many oddities with the keyboard, some more consistently reproducible than others.

A sort list of the issues I am noticing:
1. if i press and hold the backspace button when writing a SMS, sometimes it will make the screen flicker and turn up with the delete messages menu for the conversation i am currently in.
2. While in Messages app, if i turn the screen to the side to get the landscape keyboard and then turn it back to portrait mode, it brings me to the top of my conversation.
3. Sometimes some letters just wont be allowed to be input. It has happened on a variety of letters, but until i turn the screen off and on again, i cant press the letter i am having difficulty with (usually a letter on the left part of the keyboard)

Obviously with many reports of sensitivity issues on the screen, some of these problems may come up because of the same issue, but I was curios if this was a common occurrence among Sensation 4G users and if their is a solution for them.

Reactions: matthewkreth

rickm8384

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
As a solution I would say try a 3rd party keyboard like Swiftkeyboard X. I have NOT had any issues with mine although my Sensation is fairly new.

kenman345#AC

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
I honestly think that your suggestion might help, but I decided on purchasing the Sensation 4G because i had a Sense phone in the past and truly loved the keyboard and hate having to relearn the slight variations in key size for a different keyboard. If they dont address these issues when they update the phone when they give us an unlocked bootloader, i will start exploring other keyboards. In the meantime, if anyone has any other suggestions or notices any other oddities I would love to hear about them.

rickm8384

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
I hear you.

I would say though, still install one (maybe go with one that you can try for free) just to see if that is the cause of the issue. If another keyboard works then you know they issue is with Sense software. But if you have the same issues it cold be a larger problem with the touchscreen hardware of the phone and may qualify for a warranty return.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samyblaze