Losing connectivity over bluetooth speaker?

wcassell

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
Hey guys,

Anyone else having any issues with bluetooth connectivity with the Sensation? Here's my situation:

- I purchased an external bluetooth speaker to stream music from my phone (here's the Amazon link to the exact speaker --> Amazon.com: Creative D100 Wireless Bluetooth Speaker (Black): Electronics
- When connected to my Sensation the speaker loses the connection sporadically. It's hard to predict when, but it's usually within 1-2 minutes (although sometimes it goes as long as 10 minutes). As soon as I "wake" my phone up (power button, and unlock) it goes back to streaming
- I've tried the speaker with my wife's ipad and another friend's Android (LG G2x) and it works perfectly for them so I'm pretty sure it's a problem with my phone or my settings.

Any ideas?

danperde

Not quite a noob
Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
I can't replicate your issue. I use a bluetooth headset to listen to my music, and it goes on for hours without dropping the connection, not even when the phone has the screen turned off. Try a different device with your phone, maybe the two are not fully compatible.

wcassell

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
I can't replicate your issue. I use a bluetooth headset to listen to my music, and it goes on for hours without dropping the connection, not even when the phone has the screen turned off. Try a different device with your phone, maybe the two are not fully compatible.
I've been experimenting a little, and something weird that I'm seeing is that is seems to vary by app. For example for my phone it happens using Spotify or TuneInRadio apps, but not when using Google Music. My friend tried on Spotify and it worked perfectly for him. Wonder if there's some setting that I need to set.

danperde

Not quite a noob
Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
I've been experimenting a little, and something weird that I'm seeing is that is seems to vary by app. For example for my phone it happens using Spotify or TuneInRadio apps, but not when using Google Music. My friend tried on Spotify and it worked perfectly for him. Wonder if there's some setting that I need to set.

In "Tune in Radio", under settings you have the option "Pause and seek for live radio", which can be set from disabled to 30 min. Maybe that's one thing to consider. I can't help you with Spotify since I don't use it.

scottbomb

Jul 6, 2011
Visit site
Bluetooth on this phone definately has issues. For me, it mostly happens with phone calls. Suddenly, people say I sound like I'm in a tunnel (and very quiet) and sometimes they can't hear me at all. Every now and then it drops the audio connection completely, however the phone and headset both insist they're still connected. I hope Bluetooth is on the menu of bug fixes when the OTA comes out later this month (as rumor has it).

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty