I'm so happy by the replies I got from people on these forums, so I will ask one more question before melting into occasional-lurker status: I made the mistake of getting the MyTouch 4G that already had 2.3.4 and S-ON (probably why it was such a cheap upgrade). I assumed the G2 root method would work with it unaware it was for phone WITHOUT the update.

Thinking of getting the Sensation, it is gorgeous and I like the specs but just want to be sure I don't run into the same situation. Does anyone know if the Sensations currently available are rootable, S-ON/OFF notwithstanding?
    08-17-2011 11:11 AM
    I bought my Sensation around a month ago.

As soon as S-OFF was achieved I ran over to XDA and read the instructions for S-OFF, ROOT and flashing CWM. All worked perfectly on my Sensation.

So to answer your question, yes, the current Sensations are "S-OFF'able" if you follow the instructions on XDA.com
    08-17-2011 01:08 PM
    I'm so happy by the replies I got from people on these forums, so I will ask one more question before melting into occasional-lurker status: I made the mistake of getting the MyTouch 4G that already had 2.3.4 and S-ON (probably why it was such a cheap upgrade). I assumed the G2 root method would work with it unaware it was for phone WITHOUT the update.

Thinking of getting the Sensation, it is gorgeous and I like the specs but just want to be sure I don't run into the same situation. Does anyone know if the Sensations currently available are rootable, S-ON/OFF notwithstanding?
    http://revolutionary.io/
    wcoast likes this.
    08-17-2011 02:51 PM
    Help with rooting HTC Sensation 4G, I have tried Gingerbreak 1.10 and 1.20 without success as well as no luck with gingersnap, I used Revolutionary to S Off my device and still not making any progress. Your help is highly appreciated.
    08-18-2011 08:26 AM

Sorry for asking such a noob question. But what exactly does S-OFF mean?
    08-18-2011 09:31 AM
    Help with rooting HTC Sensation 4G, I have tried Gingerbreak 1.10 and 1.20 without success as well as no luck with gingersnap, I used Revolutionary to S Off my device and still not making any progress. Your help is highly appreciated.
    If you have S-OFF then all you need to do is install Clockwork (if you haven't already) and then flash SuperUser using Clockwork.

Sorry for asking such a noob question. But what exactly does S-OFF mean?
    Unlocks the bootloader letting you install a custom recovery.
    wcoast likes this.
    08-18-2011 01:23 PM
    Please how do I flash SuperUser using Clockwork
    08-18-2011 01:46 PM
    Please how do I flash SuperUser using Clockwork
    Download this file, place on your SD card, boot into Clockwork and select the zip: http://forum.xda-developers.com/atta...8&d=1311991644

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G
    wcoast likes this.
    08-18-2011 02:24 PM
    Thanks a million, I now have superuser icon but it displays no log information, no app in list and lot of option under setting, is there anything I need to do or I’m good to go
    08-18-2011 03:02 PM
    Apps will appear in the list once you run them again. You're good to go.
    wcoast likes this.
    08-18-2011 04:06 PM
    FYI there's a new update out (OTA) if you're gonna root/unlock your bootloader/S-OFF I wouldn't get it.
    First S-OFF your phone and then sit tight and wait for someone to post a zip that is safe to flash.

wcoast likes this.
    08-18-2011 07:49 PM
    Thanks again and now Im officially welcome to Android and bye bye to iOS
    08-18-2011 09:19 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD