should i just wait for the tmo HERCULES?

takd2000

Aug 26, 2011
Visit site
where can i get HTC Sensation for $99 (renew contract)

hey guys,

new to the forum!

just wanted to ask WHERE CAN I GET A HTC SENSATION for $99??

I remember TARGET had it a month back and I regret not getting it at that time....cuz now I check it's like $169

But I see people posting on this forum that they went to WALMART and got it for $99 RENEWED CONTRACT. I called online walmart store and they said it was $229.

or should i just WAIT for the SAMSUNG HERCULES??

takd2000

Aug 26, 2011
Visit site
at this point in time....

i've wanted the sensation...but now that it's no longer $99....

should i just wait for the HERCULES since it should come out in another 2-3 weeks????

aahhhh!!

ragnarokx

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Best thing to do would be to wait the 2-3 weeks and try both in person before deciding on one. Since nobody has any first-hand experience with the new Samsung handset it is hard to suggest the Sensation over it atm.

crazyorloco

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
Knowing that there's always something better on the horizon I would just get the sensation. It will be cheaper and can hold it's own spec wise. Most games haven't even pushed dual core technology yet.

If you really want the Hercules wait...but just remember they'll come out with some other phone (probably named zeus lol) within a few months. Just like how the vibrant came out then the galaxy 4g came.

rickm8384

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
I'm going to throw my two cents in here.

I was a long time black berry user. I had a red curve for around a year and then the Bold came out. When it came out I HAD to have that phone!! So worked magic and got it for free for me and my wife (I have a habit of being able to do that with phone companies). The after a year with the Bold, we switched phone companies and I got a MyTouch 3G and my wife got a BB8900 (bit of a downgrade from the Bold but she was happy). Then the 9700 came out. And again I HAD to have that phone. I managed to get my hands on one and then the 4G phones started to come out for T-Mobile and Android started to become a real force. So I got the Galaxy S 4G. After 3 months the G2X came out. So I got the G2X. Then three months later came the Sensation! So I got the Sensation. Now the SII is coming out and a few others that look interesting.

Why did I just tell my entire phone history?? Because I wanted to show that something new and better always comes out and suckers like me spend a fortune of money for phones that we only use for 6 months. Honestly, I think I'm set with my Sensation. I love this phone. It's everything the G2x could have been but wasn't because the upgrade took forever. Even with the upgrade I still see people complaining about it.

My recommendation to you is get the Sensation, S-OFF, ROOT, and flash CWM then get yourself a nice custom ROM. I like LeeDroid. His mod is nice and once HTC releases the source code for the Sensation the Mods will get even nicer. I thought I would hate Sense 3.0 but to be honest I love it.

That's my two cents. Good luck with whatever you decide! Hope I helped.

mygt8a4re

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
you really have to get the phone that best suits your needs,decide whats most important to you when using your cellphone. alot of the stuff is more for bragging rights than actual use for most! Do you like higher benchmarks or really dont care? Do you want a larger, super amoled screen, yet less pixels? or slightly smaller qHD with more pixels? cant argue with download speeds of 42Mbps on the Hercules! is that important for you or important for showing off? do you prefer touchwiz or sense? I personally really like the Sammy phones, like touchwiz & the amoled screens but have to admit, it would be hard to walk away from Sense 3.0, its really nice! My plan id to wait till Hercules launch, play with the phone & really decide if it has more for what I use the phone for. Than if need be, sell the Sensation off, use my Vibrant during selling process, then use the money from the Sensation sale to purchase the Hurcules....then do the same for the Nexus 3 next year, lol.....as mentioned above, having the best/newest phone avail will make you crazy....its a desease really....:-$

ianmck

Jun 26, 2011
Visit site
I am disappointed with the Sensation. Low memory and 14Mbps are huge reasons to avoid it. Speaker/speakerphone stinks and HTC's screen cant touch Samsung AMOLED. This phone had huge potential, but I feel it comes up a little short.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zif835