Why does this phone decide how I can use it?

biggbrother2

Sep 14, 2009
Visit site
I've already documented some of my gripes with the Sensation. But one 'feature' that has driven me crazy from day one is the fact that the phone refuses to pefrom certain actions when the battery is low.

For example, when the battery is in the "yellow" capacity level, the phone refuses to use the flash for the camera. It also refuses to run the Flashlight app.

I've lost count how many times I have not been able to take a picture at important moments because HTC decided it knows better than me about what's more important at that key moment. There are times when I know my battery is low, but I am willing to discharge the phone completely or I know I will be able to recharge the phone in the car in a little while.

The flashlight app issue is equally unacceptable. What if there is an emergency and I need a damn light!!?? Who cares about the battery, I NEED A LIGHT NOW!

And I already checked whether this can all be solved by unchecking "Power Efficiency" or "Power Saver" in the settings. These 'features' are not affected by those settings.

Meanwhile, I've been forced to download Droidlight from the Market, so I can actually use the flashlight app if my battery is low. :mad:

titanoman

Banned
Jul 10, 2011
Visit site
I've already documented some of my gripes with the Sensation. But one 'feature' that has driven me crazy from day one is the fact that the phone refuses to pefrom certain actions when the battery is low.

For example, when the battery is in the "yellow" capacity level, the phone refuses to use the flash for the camera. It also refuses to run the Flashlight app.

I've lost count how many times I have not been able to take a picture at important moments because HTC decided it knows better than me about what's more important at that key moment. There are times when I know my battery is low, but I am willing to discharge the phone completely or I know I will be able to recharge the phone in the car in a little while.

The flashlight app issue is equally unacceptable. What if there is an emergency and I need a damn light!!?? Who cares about the battery, I NEED A LIGHT NOW!

And I already checked whether this can all be solved by unchecking "Power Efficiency" or "Power Saver" in the settings. These 'features' are not affected by those settings.

Meanwhile, I've been forced to download Droidlight from the Market, so I can actually use the flashlight app if my battery is low. :mad:

Don't let your phone get so low.

Sent from my SGH-T499 using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar