Hi AC. Just 4 hours ago something begun to plague me. When i tried to update my music library through htc sync, it kept on telling me 'failed to mount/unmount sdcard' and no syncing could be done. I tried restarting my phone, on/off-ing it and even popping my sd card out and reinserting it(this is the first time i did this ever since i on this phone'.

What is wrong? How can i fix this problem and prevent it from happening again?
    01-02-2012 02:06 AM
    Too bad mate. (Restart Mobile/PC, Remove SD through phone, USB plug/Unplug) <- These are the repetitive steps which will solve the problem gradually. I know that and you'll know that too once you keep trying. believe there is not any other perfect alternate for this

Hey, You do not have to bother much of this plaguing as this is not a permanent bug. This happens almost to each and everybody who purchases a SD card supported HTC @ some point in time.

But, If you need a quick recovery... It is pretty simple. Take a backup of SD card contents. In your PC, Right click on 'format' and then click 'restore device defaults'. This will solve your problem almost instantly, But i prefer you should wait as this solves the issue by itself.
    01-02-2012 02:46 AM
    This happened to me yesterday, after updating my HTC Sync software, but I was also having USB issues at the time, so it could have been related to that. At any rate, I restarted the computer with the phone still connected - started the Sync software later and it ran fine. just a hiccup.
    01-02-2012 05:50 PM
    I know this a old thread, but I am having the same issue. I did what was recommend formatting the card and set device defaults. Still the same problem, does not happen when its on charge, only on disk drive. I could sure use some help.Frustrated. Thanks and all will be greatly appreciated.
    07-15-2012 03:38 PM
    sd card is showing mount read only ..what to do?? i need my gallary back
    01-20-2014 11:51 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD