Hi people. I noticed something diabolical to me.

one of the core reasons i decided to root my phone was because of the supposed increase battery efficiency. However after i flashed ARHD, my battery life seems to not improve or in fact, drain a little quicker! I'm not sure if it is placebo but the feeling is definitely there. I tried self help before by following the instructions from [ROM] Android Revolution HD 5.0.2 XE | ICS | High Quality & Performance [01.01.2012] - xda-developers, [How to] Brilliant Battery Life 100% working! - xda-developers & [GUIDE][NOT SPAM] Enlarge your battery life : an attempt to fix the battery drain - xda-developers but nothing seem to work..

Will re-flashing ARHD by installing from sdcard work? Pls help

Ps barely two hours after leaving my house my battery is at its 50% mark. That's ridiculous
    01-02-2012 10:04 PM
    Try flashing a couple of kernals and see your results from there. I was having trouble with battery life before I realized that I download the wrong kernal (1.7 ghz) and now running smoothly with roughly a day worth of battery. Try using Bricked v1.5 kernal and see if that fixes your issue. Im not running a ICS rom right now as I'm waiting for CM9

Sent from my MIUI.us Sensation 4G using Tapatalk
    01-05-2012 09:04 AM
    More info would be nice.
    Like what ROM version are you using? 3.XX or 4.xx or 5.xx.
    What kernel? faux or bricked
    What radio? the original or the one recommended with the ROM

50% drop in 2 hours is stupid. Most likely you got a bad ROM flash. Did you superwipe before flashing the ROM? Did you cleared the cache, dalvik cache and battery stats in recovery? I'm using mike's ROM since I got my phone in october and battery life has been great. Depending on the use, it varies between 20h and 30h. I'm now on 4.1.10 and it works great. I'm not on 5.0.2 because I need WIFI calling, which is not compatible with ICS at this point.

Try a superwipe and reflash the rom. Ahhh...one more thing...don't restore the app data with Titanium, it causes a lot of issues. Restore only the apps, no data.
    01-05-2012 06:27 PM
    More info would be nice.

50% drop in 2 hours is stupid. Most likely you got a bad ROM flash. Did you superwipe before flashing the ROM? Did you cleared the cache, dalvik cache and battery stats in recovery? I'm using mike's ROM since I got my phone in october and battery life has been great. Depending on the use, it varies between 20h and 30h. I'm now on 4.1.10 and it works great. I'm not on 5.0.2 because I need WIFI calling, which is not compatible with ICS at this point.

Try a superwipe and reflash the rom. Ahhh...one more thing...don't restore the app data with Titanium, it causes a lot of issues. Restore only the apps, no data.
    Hi danperde, thanks for your input. I'm rather new to the android platform so there are still quite a bit of things unfarmiliar to me. Answering your questions, i followed the steps XDA forum suggest and therefore, ended up flashing ARHD3.6.9 without superwiping, and updated to 3.6.10 yesturday without superwiping too. In fact, i am not pretty sure what superwiping is

Regarding kernels, i know nuts about them too. Is there a version i can dl that might improve my battery life? Battery life is the single most important thing to me currently due to my work And if there is, do i flash it like the ARHD? (install zip from sd card method.) Pls help
    01-08-2012 06:10 AM
    More info would be nice.

Ok i did a superwipe followed by a reflash. Nothing seems to work. I'm using the recommended radio too.

Baseband(radio): 10.58.9035.00U_10.15.9035.02_2
    Kernel: 2.6.35.14-Sensation-faux123-v0.2.8b+
    ROM version: 3.6.12 for HTC Sensation.

I did wipe the cache and batt stats in recovery before. In fact, everytime i update the rom i'll do it. The ROM is great. Makes my phone pretty stable and fast but heck the battery drain is too crazy. Also, youtube stopped working since the previous patch..
    01-12-2012 11:50 AM
    Ok i did a superwipe followed by a reflash. Nothing seems to work. I'm using the recommended radio too.

Baseband(radio): 10.58.9035.00U_10.15.9035.02_2
    Kernel: 2.6.35.14-Sensation-faux123-v0.2.8b+
    ROM version: 3.6.12 for HTC Sensation.

I did wipe the cache and batt stats in recovery before. In fact, everytime i update the rom i'll do it. The ROM is great. Makes my phone pretty stable and fast but heck the battery drain is too crazy. Also, youtube stopped working since the previous patch..
    Sorry for not replying earlier. I don't follow this forum too much. Right now I'm on ARHD 3.6.13, and the battery life is as usual for me: 20-24h on Anker 1900mAh battery.
    Superwipe means it will erase everything on your phone's memory (except SD card). It is required when you swap ROM base (i.e. if you switch from 3.6.xx to 4.6.xx or 6.0.xx) or when you switch to a different ROM (i.e. from ARHD to Insertcoin or Virtuous). By doing superwipe you make sure everything is cleaned and you don't have leftover files that could interfere with the new ROM.
    Here are the steps that I advise you to follow:
    1. Make a nondroid backup of your existing ROM (boot in 4ext recovery, press on Backup&Restore then press on Backup.
    2. Run the Superwipe script.
    3. Flash the ROM.
    4. Re-boot the phone and set up your account.
    5. Download the working Daemon Controller 2.21 from here (the one that comes with the ROM, which is 3.5, is not working properly)
    6. Open Titanium Backup and tap on Daemon Controller 3.5 and uninstall it.
    7. Install Daemon Controller 2.21
    8. Re-boot the phone.
    9. Open Daemon Controller, allow it super user permissions and set both governors on "intellidemand"
    10. Re-install your user apps but, like I advised you previously, don't restore the data.

You don't need to flash a kernel, the ROM comes with it. I set my screen to be on automatic when I'm outside and about, but on 30% when I'm inside. My GPS is off (I use it only when I'm driving), my wifi is off when I'm not at home. With these settings you should get at least 12 hours out of your battery. If you are interested in the battery that I got, here is a sweet deal.

Good luck.
    01-18-2012 02:40 PM
    I'm having the same problem, but I haven't made any changes at ALL! I have an LG DoublePlay, and ONLY gave myself root access. I did NOT install any new roms (at least I assume not, since after I was done, my home screen, settings, installed apps, etc, were all there and unchanged. Wouldn't installing a new rom erase everything first?) I haven't touched kernals or 'radio' either, as I don't even know what that MEANS. All I did was give myself superuser access, and the only changes I made was 1. installing Jbed and copying 'libjbedvm.so' to system/lib (as instructed to do), which I've since undid for fear that it was my problem. 2. I uninstalled Lux (which I used to manually change my brightness without exiting whatever app I was using), when I found out it was using 67% of my battery, and 3. gave superuser permissions to ES File Manager.

When I uninstalled Lux, I thought that would fix the problem; it hasn't. I checked my battery using the stock battery app, and it said the Android system was using 98% of my battery. But its ALWAYS been that high, even before I rooted. However, I've NEVER had the following problem; after rooting my phone LAST NIGHT, I finished charging it, pulled it off the charger, and even just looking at the screen (with its brightness turned all the way down) and not using any apps or ANYTHING, I could watch the battery drain as much as 5% in as little as every ONE MINUTE. Last night, I then powered down my phone and left it off until morning, and even while turned off (not just the screen, but actually powered down), it used 10% of the battery in 8 hours. Powered on, the battery appears to average out at 3 hours IDLE TIME! It used to last 16 hours or more while idle. :(

Somebody please help? :( I don't know what information you need, but just tell me where to find it and I'll post any info needed...

Edit: Also, I've installed Watchdog at the recommendation of another site, but not killed any apps with it; I've only installed it long enough to check the CPU information, and it lists idle as the highest number at 74% at the lowest and the highest I've seen it is right now at 86.2%. I don't know if that's ridiculous or normal though...

Oh, also, not sure if this is relevant, but I rooted using SuperOneClick 2.3.3 and a set of instructions posted for the DoublePlay on multiple websites. This is the first time I've ever rooted save a HORRIBLY cheap WonderMedia tablet that started freezing at the boot screen, and that was WHY I rooted it...
    02-01-2013 10:16 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD