I'm a rookie and need your help people!

danielreign

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
I just got my hands on a an HTC Sensation 4G Blaze a couple of days ago with the intent of installing the Cyanogenmod on it. I've never gone through the process of installing a custom ROM before and have temporarily bricked my phone (at least I believe that's the case). I was able to successfully root the phone by following the instructions from the HTC One X All-In-One Kit v1.0. Unfortunately, I wasn't aware that I was supposed to switch my phone to S-OFF mode before attempting to load the custom ROM. Now when I try to turn my phone on normally it hangs and can only be turned off by removing the battery. I can press and hold the Power button and Down button to enter HBOOT and access Clockwork Mod through the recovery option.

Is there any way that I can still install a custom ROM on this phone? If there isn't, is there a way to get this phone to boot up for the stock T-Mobile settings? I've been going through these forums for the last couple of days and can't seem to find the answer to my question.

johnp888

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
Sorry to hear of your problems. Yeah it is generally easier to be s-off before installing a custom ROM. There could be various issues. Try to make sure you have the appropriate radio image also. The issue at hand as I understand it is if you are still s-on, you can still probably load a custom ROM if you use fastboot and install the boot.img partition manually after installing a ROM from recovery. Check xda-developers also for in depth guides. Good luck. If you want to go back to the T-Mobile stock ROM, on xda there is also a guide for that.

danielreign

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
I know I'm way late with my response, but I had to put this little problem on hold. Here's a link to how I solved the problem ( [GUIDE]RUU related info (Stock with RUU, extracting rom.zip & other flashing methods) - xda-developers ). John, thanks again for your input. I hope this info works out for anyone out there who happens to come across this thread.

I ended up just saying "F" the custom ROM and went back to the stock ROM. Just a heads up, when you get to step 3.1 to re-lock the bootloader, you might have to go through that process a couple of times. Also, when you put the 2nd code into the Command Line, don't panic if the Command Line doesn't respond and the phone goes non-responsive. Just unplug the phone from the USB cable without bothering with trying to unmount the device. Simply remove the battery from the back of the phone after disconnecting the phone from the cable, wait 5 seconds, and turn the phone on using the Power + Volume down method and proceed with the steps.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Unknown