System UI has stopped working

Stephen Rands

Sep 29, 2013
Visit site
After reading all of the above posts I found that disabling the face app works as people have said. It will say some apps won't work but ignore this as phone is now working properly

Dante_Banks

Sep 29, 2013
Visit site
Been having the "HTC UI has stopped working" problem on my Sensation XE for a couple of days, did a google search and discovered this forum. Thanks be to people cleverer with tech than me, disabled 'Face Lock' and the problem seems to be cured.

Jo5329

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
My Evo Design 4G has been quitting for the last 2 days as well. I don't even know what "face lock" is so I doubt that's my problem. I don't want to do a factory reset & lose everything on my phone either. In general it's the slowest phone ever. It takes forever to open up any app. I don't even have 1/4 of the memory full so I know it's not that. I'm really starting to hate this phone. It never connects anywhere when other people can. My contract isn't up until Feb though.

It is an app that came with the last OS update. It is not an icon on your phone or in Playstore. You need to find it by going under your settings area. Just because you don't know what it is, doesn't mean it can't be the problem.

Jo5329

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
Since disabling Face Lock on my HTC TB, I haven't had as many errors - but I have had a few. BUT the battery drain is not there. We are going to be upgrading next weekend, so I can live with this until then.

georginacoelho

Sep 29, 2013
Visit site
Argh! Same issue here. I have an HTC sensation too and I get the same message 'System UI has stopped working'. My wallpaper goes, the taskbar vanishes and comes back in a few seconds! I have also had several issues with my WiFi connectors in the past. Time to switch? :-\

AlexC1993

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
On my HTC Sensation the app is called Face Unlock, is this the same app? I have disabled it, but still get the error as frequently as before

rweeks

Apr 29, 2011
Visit site
I have the Evo V on virgin mobile, and been having the same problem for the last 3 days. I originally thought it was just my phone. Strange to see it happening to so many different htc models.

Posted via Android Central App

Aliwoo

Sep 29, 2013
Visit site
I am getting the same message for the past few days. My wallpaper disappears , I get. UI error message and then it fixes itself. I also have a HTC Velocity 4G

dunajosu

Sep 29, 2013
Visit site
Hi I have HTC Sensation and I got the message "system UI stopped" and "default screen lock stopped", I formatted the phone and nothing.I finally just disabled "face unlock" and everything perfect now.
I don't understand why HTC did not do anything about it, at least one update
A greeting

under_pimp

Sep 29, 2013
Visit site
Alright, so I've been having the same problem with my HTC vivid, it all started when facebook app updated. So, HTC comes with a factory version of fb, so I uninstalled all updates so now its the old school facebook app and it doesn't crash the UI anymore!

usamayousuf33

Sep 29, 2013
Visit site
Was facing the same problem. System UI error pops up whenever i to open FB , FB messenger & sometimes other apps.Notification bar vanishes, wallpaper also . Then i Found this thread.
Read *Jo5329* reply & this annoying + irritating problem was solved in no time :D
I will ask all who are facing this problem that their is No need to uninstall FB updates , factory reset or root ur phone . Just goto SETTINGS > APPS > ALL > FACE UNLOCK > Disable it .
And you are done . :D

Kellie Dunn

Sep 30, 2013
Visit site
I found an app ( Settings / Apps / All ) called Face Lock. I didn't know what it was so did a search. I disabled it. I did not reboot just disabled it. No error messages since. That was 3 hours ago. They were happening even when it was just laying there. I just took a bunch of pictures and then put them in photogrid to upload to Instagram and no error message and the battery is full green. (crossing my fingers)

Thank you!!! I have tried this, mine though was face unlock???!!!

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc