Okay... I'll be the one to ask it. Does anyone believe that the htc Sensation is coming to at&t in the future? Currently, it's exclusive to t-mobile, but I would think this was a deal setup a bit before the merger. Actually, I haven't seen any official statements from htc saying that it is coming to t-mobile (I'm probably wrong on that, so call me out).

Wouldn't it just seem like a good idea to come to at&t and t-mobile? It's going to be extremely difficult to pull in customers to t-mobile with all the talk of merging with at&t lately. Either way, let me/us know what you think of it!
    04-13-2011 01:08 AM
    I don't know much about GSM being a CDMA lifer, but this phone has AT&T bands so couldn't you buy it, unlock it if needed, and use it on AT&T? Or are you looking for a subsidized price?
    04-13-2011 01:14 AM
    Well, that's a good enough answer for me, but knowing if a subsidized price is an option too would be nice to know.
    04-13-2011 01:53 AM
    Coming to Tmobile this summer. Exact date unknown. I'm gonna guess and say late May early June.
    04-13-2011 09:15 AM
    yes you can use it on ATT for 2G voice and Data only, if you want 3G data you can't use this phone cuz it doesn't support the 850/1900 3G bands needed
    04-14-2011 11:24 AM
    Plus, won't it be at least 2 years before the AT&T/T-Mobile merger is complete? By then, this phone will be old news.
    04-16-2011 01:23 AM
    Not to rain on anyone's parade but what's with all these threads asking if this phone will come to Verizon & AT&T. It's FOR T-MOBILE. Don't know whats so hard to understand about that. T-Mobile doesn't currently have an HTC powerhouse with an 4.3" screen. Verizon has the T-bolt and AT&T has the Inspire. There are more threads about this phone going to other carriers than threads about the phone itself.

The phone is a GSM phone meaning it will work on T-Mobile and operate on AT&T at EDGE speeds only, if unlocked.

No chance, whatsoever of Verizon of Sprint getting it.
    04-16-2011 11:19 AM
    Not to rain on anyone's parade but what's with all these threads asking if this phone will come to Verizon & AT&T. It's FOR T-MOBILE. Don't know whats so hard to understand about that. T-Mobile doesn't currently have an HTC powerhouse with an 4.3" screen. Verizon has the T-bolt and AT&T has the Inspire. There are more threads about this phone going to other carriers than threads about the phone itself.

The phone is a GSM phone meaning it will work on T-Mobile and operate on AT&T at EDGE speeds only, if unlocked.

Can you really say that the inspire is a powerhouse of a phone though?!?
    04-19-2011 05:38 PM
    Can you really say that the inspire is a powerhouse of a phone though?!?
    That can be argued. I would love to have the Inspire if I were on AT&T. Though I could never see myself on AT&T. Just thinking of being on that network gives me the chills.
    04-19-2011 10:42 PM
    That can be argued. I would love to have the Inspire if I were on AT&T. Though I could never see myself on AT&T. Just thinking of being on that network gives me the chills.
    after looking around today on the internet i guess we can call the inspire a powerhouse. here are my reasons:
    1)samsung phones dont look like they are going to get all the updates.
    2)htc makes some nice looking phones.
    3)the rest of the android lineup on the att network is pretty weak compared to the inspire.
    04-19-2011 11:52 PM
    after looking around today on the internet i guess we can call the inspire a powerhouse. here are my reasons:
    1)samsung phones dont look like they are going to get all the updates.
    2)htc makes some nice looking phones.
    3)the rest of the android lineup on the att network is pretty weak compared to the inspire.
    Don't quote me on this one but I'm assuming AT&T isn't big on Android due to already having the iPhone.
    04-20-2011 12:11 AM
    Don't quote me either but now that Verizon also has the iPhone, At&t may up their Android game.
    When iPhone was exclusive to At&t they got customers for not much than having an iPhone. Now At&t has to give more compelling reasons to go with them other than to just get an iPhone.
    04-20-2011 12:24 AM
    Don't quote me on this one but I'm assuming AT&T isn't big on Android due to already having the iPhone.
    see i thought that was going to change when verizon got the iphone. it seems that att is still rocking sales with the iphone. att's smartphone sales were made up by 60% of iphone sales. though android made a dent but i think iphone is still doing well for them. also, verizon sales of the iphone were toped by the htc thunderbolt, so i dont think verizon is pushing the iphone as hard as att is.
    04-20-2011 04:52 PM
    Backtracking! I think the Atrix takes the cake for powerhouse on ATT... Just saying Inspire is wimpy in comparison...
    05-04-2011 09:42 PM
    Yeah Attrix is possibly the biggest powerhouse currently available in the US. Most likely something equivalent to the Sensation will be released on NAM 3G eventually, as happens with most HTC devices. That doesn't mean AT&T will subsidize or even carry it, but you probably still could get one eventually. I am holding out for something with qHD on AT&T that isn't bootloader locked like the Attrix and the Sensation looks awesome.
    05-05-2011 12:52 AM

Actually, I don't mean to rain on your parade, but there is a very real possibility that this device WILL be coming to AT&T and/or Verizon...it may have a different "name" and better specs, but it will be the same device just like the The Inspire and Thunderbolt are versions of the Desire HD, but with better specs.

According to this Android Central story the T-Mobile Sensation may be surpassed with a better version come Quarter 3 of this year. I'm more than happy to wait a few months for better specs and MUCH better network.

HTC bringing a Sensation successor with NFC in Q3 2011? | Android Central
    05-05-2011 03:37 AM
    As far as the HTC Sensation 4G goes, its only going to T-Mobile. Yes, AT&T can get an equal or better device but it won't be the HTC Sensation. AT&T would have already had to confirm this. I think they're concentrating with their Moto Atrix at the moment. Verizon will get a CDMA version of the Sensation but it won't be called the "Sensation." Their big focus right now is the Bionic.

You are absolutely right about the successor of the HTC Sensation. For me personally, I don't care. The Sensation wil be quite powerful and last me a long time. I understand that you cannot keep up with technology. Well you can try but its gets pricey
    05-05-2011 12:11 PM
    As far as the HTC Sensation 4G goes, its only going to T-Mobile. Yes, AT&T can get an equal or better device but it won't be the HTC Sensation. AT&T would have already had to confirm this. I think they're concentrating with their Moto Atrix at the moment. Verizon will get a CDMA version of the Sensation but it won't be called the "Sensation." Their big focus right now is the Bionic.

You are absolutely right about the successor of the HTC Sensation. For me personally, I don't care. The Sensation wil be quite powerful and last me a long time. I understand that you cannot keep up with technology. Well you can try but its gets pricey
    Okay now see you took that in a good natured way so I'll quit giving you ****. I've just been messing with you. Granted, I WOULD like to see this device come to Verizon, but I am glad to see you TMobile folks getting a nice device that gets you excited. It's fun having something to look forward to. The thing that really attracts me to the Sensation is the way it reminds me of the Nexus One. Honestly, it's like a Nexus One on steroids. Anyway good luck and I hope you enjoy it man!
    05-05-2011 02:08 PM
    Okay now see you took that in a good natured way so I'll quit giving you ****. I've just been messing with you. Granted, I WOULD like to see this device come to Verizon, but I am glad to see you TMobile folks getting a nice device that gets you excited. It's fun having something to look forward to. The thing that really attracts me to the Sensation is the way it reminds me of the Nexus One. Honestly, it's like a Nexus One on steroids. Anyway good luck and I hope you enjoy it man!
    Thanks!!! I just remember when T-Mobile had the absolute worst selection of phones. It was very frustrating as every other carrier got nice powerful phones and we were always left in the dust. I hope the Sensation can really deliver!!!
    05-05-2011 02:43 PM
    i can use this phone on at&t with edge bc i freaking love it lol
    05-17-2011 11:09 PM