100 Posts before June 8th!!!!

MattMJB0188

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
This is just for fun. Let's see if we reach 100 or more posts before the HTC Sensation launches on June 8th. Discuss anything about the Sensation such as why you're getting it and why?

HTC Sensation comes with a fresh serving of Android 2.3 Gingerbread, but it's all about the HTC Sense UI version 3.0 with a touch of refinement and functionality straight from the lock screen. You can choose between a number of lock screen options such as weather updates, quick access to apps and a handful of clock widgets. A 1.2GHz Qualcomm dual-core chipset supports the nice 3D-like transitions in the menu, all carrying resemblance to the ones on the HTC Flyer tablet. The phone is the first with a contoured glass 4.3-inch display meaning that your Super LCD screen is set back slightly to avoid scratches. The resolution is qHD (540x960) with an aspect ratio of 16:9. On the back you have an 8MP camera with dual-LED flash with ?instant capture,? meaning little to no lag between pictures. The camera is also capable of recording video at 30fps in full HD (1080p) resolution.

I want it very badly because of the dual-core and HTC Sense 3.0. Will be a HUGE upgrade since I'm currently using a Blackberry Bold 9700. Will be buying it off contract.

coronaboy10

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
I'm excited. I can't wait to have a device with a large display. FFC, LTE, duo core wahhhhh! :) Trying to keep myself from counting the days. Although I'm impatient, the wait for this device is nothing like it was waiting for the Dinc. THAT sucked mooseballs. Plus I had to wait for the Dinc with a Blackberry Storm... nuff said!

I'm looking forward to watching movies on the qHD display and trying out all the features that my device doesnt have. Although I'm a bit envious of the Galaxy S2 specs it isnt 4g which I do want to really try out. I love HTC and Sense. The S2 is specced out but the Sensation has my vote because of my experience with the Incredible. I love my Dinc still and never regretted it for an instance even with the battery being what it is :)

Last edited:

Chrisy

Banned
Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I'll support the cause! Though I'm happy with my new Tbolt! Coming from a BlackBerry you're going to be blown away! I was after my Tour!

MattMJB0188

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
I'm excited. I can't wait to have a device with a large display. FFC, LTE, duo core wahhhhh! :) Trying to keep myself from counting the days. Although I'm impatient, the wait for this device is nothing like it was waiting for the Dinc. THAT sucked mooseballs. Plus I had to wait for the Dinc with a Blackberry Storm... nuff said!

I'm looking forward to watching movies on the qHD display and trying out all the features that my device doesnt have. Although I'm a bit envious of the Galaxy S2 specs it isnt 4g which I do want to really try out. I love HTC and Sense. The S2 is specced out but the Sensation has my vote because of my experience with the Incredible. I love my Dinc still and never regretted it for an instance even with the battery being what it is :)

So just out of curiosity you are switching to T-Mobile for the Sensation? If so, you'll be very happy with them. Just cross your fingers the AT&T merger doesn't go through. I had the myTouch 4G on and off for about 3 months and found it to be an excellent device and T-Mobile's HSPA+ network is amazing. I was getting 8MB down and about 3MB up. Verizon's LTE is about the same. I will admit I am a little nervous buying the device the day it comes out lol. But it's been a super long wait and I have to have it the second it is available. I love my BB 9700 but it doesn't feel like a smartphone.

I'll support the cause! Though I'm happy with my new Tbolt! Coming from a BlackBerry you're going to be blown away! I was after my Tour!

The BB Tour is nearly identical to the BB Curve 8900 which I used for 2 years. Believe me I know exactly how you felt. I used the myTouch 4G on and off for about 3 months. The Blackberry will always win when it comes to a keyboard but drastically falls behind the competition in the smartphone war. ): Even the upcoming Bold Touch 9900 falls behind the competition with a single core processor. Hopefully it can put RIM back on track. Time will tell.

coronaboy10

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
Yes, I'm moving to Tmobile for the Sensation. Also, I have always had Big red V and I see how much they've changed just since the iphone came and i'm not sure its for the better. I've heard some really good things about Tmobile pricing too. The merger does have me a bit worried about how my device is going to be affected. Does Tmobile have 12 month contracts? I know V used to...

Also, I'm pretty sure I've watched close to every youtube clip there is about this device, thats really not helping with my patience though....

MattMJB0188

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
Yes, I'm moving to Tmobile for the Sensation. Also, I have always had Big red V and I see how much they've changed just since the iphone came and i'm not sure its for the better. I've heard some really good things about Tmobile pricing too. The merger does have me a bit worried about how my device is going to be affected. Does Tmobile have 12 month contracts? I know V used to...

Also, I'm pretty sure I've watched close to every youtube clip there is about this device, thats really not helping with my patience though....

I'm pretty sure they do not have 12 month contracts. Have you considered their Even More Plus (No Contract) plans? I pay $59.99/mo for unlimited everything however that was the one day promo plan which launched on April 13 only. Only downside is I get only 2GB of data then its throttled down to inoperable EDGE speeds. With free Wi-Fi calling coming back I'm going back to my 500 minute plan and unlimited text + data for $59.99/mo. The data cap on that plan along with every other plan is 5GB. The only downside to the Even More Plus plans are that you have to pay FULL price for the phone. The Sensation will more than likely be $500. Me personally, I'd rather pay that and pay less each month. I also hate contracts.

The Sensation is more than likely to launch at $199 with a new 2yr agreement (contract). If you are considering their new "Truly Unlimited" plan for $79.99 please keep in mind that once you hit 2GB of data you are throttled down to EDGE speeds. Any other plan you choose, it's 5GB. Good Luck!

mojosingle

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
Free WiFi Redux?

I'm pretty sure they do not have 12 month contracts. Have you considered their Even More Plus (No Contract) plans? I pay $59.99/mo for unlimited everything however that was the one day promo plan which launched on April 13 only. Only downside is I get only 2GB of data then its throttled down to inoperable EDGE speeds. With free Wi-Fi calling coming back I'm going back to my 500 minute plan and unlimited text + data for $59.99/mo. The data cap on that plan along with every other plan is 5GB. The only downside to the Even More Plus plans are that you have to pay FULL price for the phone. The Sensation will more than likely be $500. Me personally, I'd rather pay that and pay less each month...

Has TMobile announced that they are bringing back free WiFi calls? If so I must have missed seeing that one posted. Linkage please? :D

going_home

Jelly Bean ? Jelly Belly!
Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
The lack of the 21mbps 4G has got me scratching my head.
And the new sense is a determent not an added feature to me.
All it will do is cause the updates to take 10 months longer to get released.
I will doubtless get one but off Craigslist a month or so after release when they
start selling for half price, I'm not doing a 2 year contract for this phone.

:confused:

Droid800

Banned
Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
The lack of the 21mbps 4G has got me scratching my head.
And the new sense is a determent not an added feature to me.
All it will do is cause the updates to take 10 months longer to get released.
I will doubtless get one but off Craigslist a month or so after release when they
start selling for half price, I'm not doing a 2 year contract for this phone.

:confused:

Eh HTC is really good with getting updates out for Sense devices. The only thing that might slow them down with the Sensation is if ICS ends up being a ground up redesign.

21mbps isn't a big deal. If the lack of it brings the phone to market sooner, it won't be missed. (and really, who needs more than 14.4?)

Jasper

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site

LTE??? This phone is on T-Mobile, no LTE... right?

MattMJB0188

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
LTE??? This phone is on T-Mobile, no LTE... right?

T-Mobile doesn't use LTE. Their future plans for LTE development are the merger with AT&T. They currently use HSPA+ which is fast 3G. However I can't complain because in an HSPA+ area I got 8.5MB down. Verizon is the only carrier that uses LTE and its about the same speed as HSPA+. However, Verizon will have the upper advantage because its more future proof.

T-Mobile - HSPA+
AT&T - HSPA + but not as fast as T-Mobile
SPrint - WiMax
Verizon - LTE

Yell0w

Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
I am counting down the days until I can replace my Bold 9700 with this phone...it seems excruciatingly slow. But so excited!

i'm doing the same but will have to wait till feb for a full upgrade. i can't decide between the sensation or the galaxy s2..

sashyenka

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
I'm getting it outright, no contract extension/use of upgrade. I hate TouchWiz enough that it doesn't matter if GS2 specs are better or not for me, this phone is the one for me.

MOTH477

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
I'll humor the OP and post this. I don't think it will get to 100 post before launch but here is my contribution. I am excited about the Sensation but I keeping an eye on the SG2. If SG2 comes to TMO then I'll go for it otherwise I might get the Sensation. I feel like TMO & HTC don't care about the MT4G and it will soon be dead. So I am trying to sell it and get a new daul core phone.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc