getting my 1st android phone,and the sensation looks very promising

Crackb3rry420

May 29, 2011
Visit site
Hey new to this forum,been wanting an android phone for quite some time currently am using a BB9700 and its time to get rid of this chicklet sized screen.been doing alot of research this past week and of course my top 2 prospects are the Galaxy S2,and the sensation4g. of course the galaxy s2 has the amoled display ,and more internal memory etc..but i dont like that its all plasticy and cheap looking.PLUS the Gs2 doesnt even have a set release date for USA.im really leaning towards the htc sensation it looks awesome and its set to release June8th. my question is would you guys that have an htc phone currently reccomend this? from the looks of all the specs and the 1.2 dual core processor it looks like a sick device.well id appreciate your input on this thanks for reading :-$

junglejunkie

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site
Well, the 2 phones you are trying to decide between are arguably the top 2 Android phones. I have a HTC Nexus One that is about a year old and I am in the same boat as you. I am deciding between the Galaxy S 2 and the Sensation. I am leaning the other way (Galaxy S 2) just because I am in love with the SAMOLED+ screen.

You can't go wrong with either phone, but if you want something NOW, the the Sensation cannot be beat.

There are a few reviews floating around now that it has had a UK release:

http://www.androidcentral.com/htc-sensation-hands-and-initial-review

HTC Sensation review -- Engadget

HTC Sensation Review - SlashGear

Welcome to Android Central :)

Crackb3rry420

May 29, 2011
Visit site
thx for ur input jungle, i have watched pretty much every youtube video on the sensation so far lol,and i fell in love with it,and since im a nut with my phones doing the research i came across the 1gb of internal memory and how ppl are bashing that flaw and what not.it says Quarter 3 for the Gs2 i kind of didnt wanna wait that long but do you think that the 1gb of internal memory is a reason not to get the phone?

Crackb3rry420

May 29, 2011
Visit site
well,doing more research and viewing users comments about both phones.it looks like touchwiz for the galaxy is crap,plus samsung phones apparently lag time to time.also they state that the Gs2 is trying real hard to copy ios's interface and it does look true because the touchwiz looks so boring as where the sensation has a really nice sense 3.0 look and feel to it....i guess i can sacrifice the amoled screen and De-virginize myself into the android world lol.i think i might go for the sensation june 8th hopefully it comes out then by me. does anyone else agree with my opinion? no samsung fanboys allowed to reply to this LOL jk

woodsb123

Dec 10, 2009
Visit site
Hey Money Mike, as both of you guys are saying, I was also eyeing both phones, but, after careful consideration, I've decided to get the Sensation. I currently own an HTC Droid Eris and really like what HTC is doing with their phones. I really like the new Sense 3.0 and if I ever get tired of it, will just put something like ADW Launcher or LauncherPro on it. The specs are perfect for what I want my next phone to have. Regarding the 1g of internal memory, I did have some doubts because of this, but, I figured that if I can get used to 300mb on my current phone, I can definitely work with only 1g on this one. Also, don't forget that with Android 2.33 & above, you are now allowed to install most apps on the external sd card and the Sensation can carry up to a 32gb external sd card. Finally, as far as my needs, I won't be putting alot of movies, music on my phones internal space due to being able to stream most of my media at this time. Lastly, I didn't really want to wait until the end of the year to pick up a new phone anyway. If you really want to see what the Galaxy S2 is going to look like, just go to an AT&T store and take a look at the Samsung Infuse 4g because it's the same phone as the Galaxy S2 only with a 4.5 inch screen. These two phones only have a few different specs. Hope this helps ya.

Reactions: Crackb3rry420

Crackb3rry420

May 29, 2011
Visit site
Woods i totally agree with u man,im in the same boat as you i have a bb9700 with 256 mbs LOL.but the apps are tiny compared to that powerhorse of a phone(sensation) and yes i thought i read that you can install apps on the SD card.i think i saw that it leaves you with about 160 mbs from the start-thats because the sensation uses heavy apps.but im sure it will be well worth it because the phone just looks epic.and i agree i dont feel like waiting till the end of the year neither lol .appreciate your input man u just made me want this 10X more haha..

Icon

Mar 24, 2010
Visit site
If I were choosing, I would go with the sensation. HTC's build quality is amazing, and sense is great (especially 3.0). I have played with the sensation, and it's crazy fast. Also HTC is very good at updating their devices, unfortunately samsung is not. The memory thing wouldn't be a real big deal to me since you can move apps, and run them from the SD card. Hope this helps, and welcome to Android!

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Crackb3rry420

Crackb3rry420

May 29, 2011
Visit site
If I were choosing, I would go with the sensation. HTC's build quality is amazing, and sense is great (especially 3.0). I have played with the sensation, and it's crazy fast. Also HTC is very good at updating their devices, unfortunately samsung is not. The memory thing wouldn't be a real big deal to me since you can move apps, and run them from the SD card. Hope this helps, and welcome to Android!

thanks bro yeah im HEAVILY leaning on getting the sensation as soon as it comes out by me in the states.yes i read samsung isnt great wiith pusihng out their updates,and tbh i dislike samsung products lol the Amoled screen isnt gonna be the dealbreaker for me.and hell yeah it looks crazy fast..with the snapdragon dual core processor its seriously a mini laptop lol..its definitely gonna be an enormous upgrade from my blackberry..cant wait and thanks for the welcome

li2327

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
The sensation looks awesome. I just got my sidekick 4g which I love but I'm thinking about getting rid of it for the sensation. HTC does a wonderful job with Android devices.

Crackb3rry420

May 29, 2011
Visit site
The sensation looks awesome. I just got my sidekick 4g which I love but I'm thinking about getting rid of it for the sensation. HTC does a wonderful job with Android devices.

cool yeah i keep seeing the SK4g commercial.i have owned every single sidekick prior to the 4g. minus 1 i think...i started with the Sk2,Sk3,Sidekick ID,sidekick Lx,sidekick LX09...the only one i idndt have was the 2008(which felt like a piece of trash)...but the sk4g has android finally so it shouldnt be too bad,but yeah the sensation looks insane,cant wait for that to come out lol im so glad i just got a new job so im able to grab it the day it comes out

li2327

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
Awesome. Please let me know how you like it. I know I'm going to have a hard time parting with my sidekick. I've grown really attached to the keyboard. :)

Crackb3rry420

May 29, 2011
Visit site
will def keep you posted on that np.and i totally hear u ..cant beat the sidekicks qwerty keyboard especially if u text alot. i didnt like touch screen phones when they 1st came out,but its 2011 and im ready for it lol

Icon

Mar 24, 2010
Visit site
thanks bro yeah im HEAVILY leaning on getting the sensation as soon as it comes out by me in the states.yes i read samsung isnt great wiith pusihng out their updates,and tbh i dislike samsung products lol the Amoled screen isnt gonna be the dealbreaker for me.and hell yeah it looks crazy fast..with the snapdragon dual core processor its seriously a mini laptop lol..its definitely gonna be an enormous upgrade from my blackberry..cant wait and thanks for the welcome

Yeah it will be a huge step up from your BB. I made the same jump over 2 years ago, and will never go back.

INK

Banned
Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
will def keep you posted on that np.and i totally hear u ..cant beat the sidekicks qwerty keyboard especially if u text alot. i didnt like touch screen phones when they 1st came out,but its 2011 and im ready for it lol

Chances are that the touchscreen phone you were talking to used a resistive screen and not a capacitive screen. The capacitive screen is way simpler and more responsive to use. Capacitive vs. Resistive

going_home

Jelly Bean ? Jelly Belly!
Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
I am on my 3rd G2X now.
I cant get cell service at a couple key locations with it after trying for over two weeks now.
I've given up on the G2X gone back to the MyTouch 4G which has no problems at these two locations.

Just put the G2X back on Craigslist.

I'll wait for the Sensation of Galaxy S II I guess.

:(

Crackb3rry420

May 29, 2011
Visit site
I am on my 3rd G2X now.
I cant get cell service at a couple key locations with it after trying for over two weeks now.
I've given up on the G2X gone back to the MyTouch 4G which has no problems at these two locations.

Just put the G2X back on Craigslist.

I'll wait for the Sensation of Galaxy S II I guess.

:(
yeah i checked out the g2x too when it came out,ive been researching phones like crazy the past 2weeks. man that sucks your 3rd one already? well @ least you were able to return it.the Gs2 has no release date so unless your dying for the amoled screen,id say join me and fulfill your sensation lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy