Is it or is it not?

Chrism1548

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
Does anyone know if the bootloader will be unlocked when the sensation 4g launches. is the date push back because htc is unlocking the bootloader before launch. i have seen a few post where htc says the evo 3d bootloader will be unlocked when launched but nothing on the sensation. what do you guys think.

INK

Banned
Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
I think they may be unlocked perhaps HTC was considering the unlocked bootloader thing a long time ago and unlocked the Sensation to start off this new policy.

legendary1022

Oct 12, 2010
Visit site
Not sure if they have said anything about it yet. I doubt they have had the time to unlock the bootloaders seeing as they just released the sensation overseas. Not sure if an ota will give us an unlocked bootloader. Maybe they could just release the keys for us to unlock as a temporary solution

mojosingle

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
Carrier?

Not sure if they have said anything about it yet. I doubt they have had the time to unlock the bootloaders seeing as they just released the sensation overseas. Not sure if an ota will give us an unlocked bootloader. Maybe they could just release the keys for us to unlock as a temporary solution
Do the carriers have any say in this? I hope the bootloaders are unlocked, but perhaps when the releash contract was signed with TMo it stated that the phone would be locked? The carriers don't like unlocked phones I am thinking.

Droid800

Banned
Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
Do the carriers have any say in this? I hope the bootloaders are unlocked, but perhaps when the releash contract was signed with TMo it stated that the phone would be locked? The carriers don't like unlocked phones I am thinking.

The carriers have the final say. T-mobile won't care though. (they haven't cared in any of their other handsets) An OTA unlocking it could easily be done if they need to, though.

mojosingle

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
The big lockdown...

The carriers have the final say. T-mobile won't care though. (they haven't cared in any of their other handsets) An OTA unlocking it could easily be done if they need to, though.
Well I hope that is true. What is AT&T's history with locked phones? With the pending takeover of TMo, I am wondering if they are whispering in HTC's ear.
15dier.gif