Could this possibly be the way to root the Sensation? Its supposed to work on any type of Gingerbread device.

[26.04.2011][v1.2] GingerBreak APK (root for GingerBread) - xda-developers

Let me know if it works and I will post a thread with instructions, files, etc.
    06-10-2011 07:04 PM
    I doubt it since the bootloader is locked. If no one on XDA has rooted one yet, i doubt it can be done.
    06-11-2011 10:45 AM
    I doubt it since the bootloader is locked. If no one on XDA has rooted one yet, i doubt it can be done.
    but a locked bootloader doesn't mean no root, rite? look at the Droid X, etc. It just means no custom ROMs, rite?
    06-11-2011 10:46 AM
    I found these instructions for rooting the Sensation. I personally don't have one so not sure if it works or not. I have the site with the instructions in my top 5 android resources and trust them but tread lightly if you are worried about bricking your pretty phone.

Here are the Instructions:
    How to Root HTC Sensation 4G | Android Advice & Tutorials

Please let me know if this works (or doesn't) so I can comment at Android Advice that Android Central has tested them
    Nate Rules likes this.
    06-19-2011 12:56 PM
    You need a S-OFF device to root, and those are few and far between at the moment.
    06-19-2011 05:07 PM
    Hopefully HTCs new bootloader policy will be retroactive!
    06-19-2011 10:23 PM
    Can someone point me in the direction of how to tell if you have S-OFF/ON?

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G
    06-19-2011 10:30 PM
    Turn off the phone, reboot with the volume button held down, and check the top of the white screen.
    06-19-2011 10:36 PM
    Thanks Casey

06-20-2011 01:04 AM
    Turn off the phone, reboot with the volume button held down, and check the top of the white screen.
    Make sure you have quick boot off if not it won't work.
    06-23-2011 11:30 AM
    Make sure you have quick boot off if not it won't work.
    That too, or just remove the battery

06-23-2011 01:08 PM
    I am totally stuck. I tried rooting my sensation 4g wanting to install android revolution hd. I used revolutionary tool and successfully got s-off. I check n for not installing clockwork as per instructions. I dl proper cwm file to root of sd card. Phone would not recognize file and would not install it. I then decided instead to use htc supertool v 3. I got phone rooted and working fine. I installed 4ext recovery and then put rom for arhd firmware etc. on hd card. firmware said cid not match so now stuck in boot loop without clockwork recovery and can not find a way to fix this. At this point I would settle for going back to factory stock but still want ics if possible. I just want to use my phone again and have no idea on what to do now. I have read many instrucktions and threads and nothing is working for me. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

my email is bob_thorp@ive.com if anyone can help me please
    03-31-2012 02:31 PM