Anyone had random reboots?

rex450se

Mar 13, 2010
Visit site
I've had my Sensation since Wednesday and this morning it has rebooted on me twice. The first time I had searched an address on Google Maps and when I went to move the map around it just shut off. The second time I was dialing a number and it shut off. Both times, when it came back on, it said there was an unexpected reboot, or something like that, and asked to send an error report to HTC. I was wondering if anyone else has had issues or if this is just a fluke, or if I should return it and get another. I have been waiting for this phone for awhile and while I am more than happy with it, I don't want to have issues either. Thanks in advance.

Victor

Reactions: hellfire151

Droid800

Banned
Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
I've had my Sensation since Wednesday and this morning it has rebooted on me twice. The first time I had searched an address on Google Maps and when I went to move the map around it just shut off. The second time I was dialing a number and it shut off. Both times, when it came back on, it said there was an unexpected reboot, or something like that, and asked to send an error report to HTC. I was wondering if anyone else has had issues or if this is just a fluke, or if I should return it and get another. I have been waiting for this phone for awhile and while I am more than happy with it, I don't want to have issues either. Thanks in advance.

Victor

In my experience random reboots can more often than not be attributed to user-installed software than to the phone's OS. Are you running any task-killers, auto back up, or any similar software?

scorpiodsu

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
I haven't had any reboots. Been working great. Like stated above, an app could probably caused it. But of course it's hard to identify the app if you have only market apps installed. I would give it a couple days and if it continues, just grab another.

rex450se

Mar 13, 2010
Visit site
It hasn't done it today so hopefully it was just a freak occurrences. I only have a couple apps from the market installed and they have never affected another device, but I know different hardware can react differently sometimes, so I'll just watch it and if it happens more will update this thread, but otherwise I'm going with it being totally random.

Victor

Droid800

Banned
Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
It hasn't done it today so hopefully it was just a freak occurrences. I only have a couple apps from the market installed and they have never affected another device, but I know different hardware can react differently sometimes, so I'll just watch it and if it happens more will update this thread, but otherwise I'm going with it being totally random.

Victor

Just an example:

Tonight I opened the ebay app on my G2X. I have spotty coverage in my house, so the app gave me a connection error. Instead of clearing when I closed it though, it was persistent, and stayed at the bottom of whatever screen I was on. After about two minutes of that, the screen went black (backlit buttons on) and the phone reset. This has happened several other times with other apps in a similar manner.

Just an example I guess. Little things, like a random connection error, can build behind the scenes (and you wouldn't even know) and cause the phone to reboot. You'll think that its related to the phone, but it isn't.