What do you like least about your Sensation?

nox

Retired Super Moderator
Jan 15, 2010
www.AndroidCentral.com
Yes it is lag. Just now, I was just in the Browser, viewing USA Today. When I hit the Home capacitive button, instead of seeing the home screen I saw the letters "HTC in green on a white background, then a loading box. It tool 8-12 seconds for the home screen to load.

I hadn't installed anything from the Market so it has nothing to do with Fast Mode or rebooting. Besides, very few apps require a reboot in Android, so even when I was experiencing it apps, it wasn't logical.

Has anyone else experienced this delay/lag of getting back to the Home Screen?

I have gotten that before. Reminds me of the screen redraws. I'm gonna disable fast boot, reboot, and then give it a try. Hopefully it is just fastboot :p

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G

FocusFreak

Banned
May 8, 2011
Visit site
I get that everytime I delete pics or videos. Doesnt bother me though and you can try switching it off. I am leaving it on because it may actually serve a purpose.

dobiegillis

Jan 5, 2011
Visit site
Why can't htc make a decent speakerphone? The one on my htc mytouch 4g is crap too.

I chose not to buy the sensation and picked up a used nexus s instead mainly because off the lack of 21 mbps on the hspa+ radio.

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk

nox

Retired Super Moderator
Jan 15, 2010
www.AndroidCentral.com
One other thing dislike is that on the unlock screen the temperature gets cutoff. I'm in Avondale, AZ and its 107? F here. I only see 07? lol

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G

MattMJB0188

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
I'll tell ya what I hate the absolute most about the Sensation. I hate the fact that its not as popular as the Evo 3D. Why is that phone getting all the special attention and hype when ours was released first and is on a much better network?? Ugh ):

youngzayiles

Dec 17, 2009
Visit site
Why can't htc make a decent speakerphone? The one on my htc mytouch 4g is crap too.

I chose not to buy the sensation and picked up a used nexus s instead mainly because off the lack of 21 mbps on the hspa+ radio.

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk

Thats the thing with HTC.. They digress sometimes... The speakerphone on my Evo 4g was great... Then they come out with the sensation and the evo 3d and the speakerphone is terrible... I dont understand why they go backwards sometimes..

RodgerDodger_61

Aug 13, 2011
Visit site
Bloatware Apps that I don't want, FriendStream always coming on when I turn on my phone, and other annoying Apps that are resident. Had I checked these forums before I spent the $$$.$$ for this phone, I would still be carrying a dumb phone and not this "smartphone." I'm just too old school I guess.

MattMJB0188

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
I don't like the fact that mine was burning hot this morning when I took it off the charger. It wasn't even done charging yet and I let it sit for 20 mins. Second time its done this now. ):

ianmck

Jun 26, 2011
Visit site
The screen on the Sensation is not as nice as a Samsung. It is a bit harder to view outside on sunny days (even with brightness maxed) and there is some slight blurring with some emu games that I never noticed with Vibrant. Samsung AMOLED is tops and I will switch back once Tmo offers a newer Samsung phone. HTC sense is OK, but I would much prefer a better screen. Clearly Sensation is the best phone right now but that will change by years end.

Aug 20, 2011
Visit site
The only thing I don't like is that the only button to take a picture with is on the screen. I hate that. But that's really my only complaint.

For about a month or two I hated that the Netflix app was available on my girlfriends G2 but not on my Sensation. That was pissing me off. But now that it's available I'm happy (and don't even really use it often). It kind of bugs me that HuluPlus is available on her G2 and not available on my Sensation, but I don't care too much because Netflix is better than Hulu in my opinion.

But otherwise the phone is flawless to me. I've had no battery issues. The camera is awesome. Especially since yesterdays update, it's running better than ever.
I stopped using the standard music app because I was having some problems with it, so I tried a few other ones and they all kind of sucked (I'm big on music widgets) so I went with Google Music. Still though, I miss how the standard music apps lock mode worked. That was awesome. I think I'm going to give it a shot and see if the most recent update has fixed the bugs.

MattMJB0188

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
Sense always reloads after I'm done playing Plants vs. Zombies. I thought this would be fixed in the OTA, but no dice. Oh well.

Yeah I've noticed this as well. This will not be the only update we get though. It was a very good update. The next one will probably come around the holidays.

VCL

Dec 28, 2010
Visit site
This is a good phone, great processor, great hardware, it looks and feels great in the hand but how do you put all that care and specs into this without putting any internal memory. It has **** for memory. No matter how big your sd card is, mine is 32 gb, you never can install internal memory. Just don't understand how HTC can put together such a great phone and leave out one of the most important features. The phone is a bloated with sence, all kinds of junk installed and they leave out internal space. Dumb, dumb, dumb. This will never be my dream phone for that reason alone. I get so pissed off when you look forward for a great device and they nickel and dime you on the most cheapest but most important features of a great phone, internal space. It slows it down, clogs it up and pisses me off.
That is how I feel. HTC makes good phones, I own about all of them, maybe now that Google has bought Motorola they can build some great phones. It's not that hard to do.

:mad: :mad: :mad:

MattMJB0188

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
This is a good phone, great processor, great hardware, it looks and feels great in the hand but how do you put all that care and specs into this without putting any internal memory. It has **** for memory. No matter how big your sd card is, mine is 32 gb, you never can install internal memory. Just don't understand how HTC can put together such a great phone and leave out one of the most important features. The phone is a bloated with sence, all kinds of junk installed and they leave out internal space. Dumb, dumb, dumb. This will never be my dream phone for that reason alone. I get so pissed off when you look forward for a great device and they nickel and dime you on the most cheapest but most important features of a great phone, internal space. It slows it down, clogs it up and pisses me off.
That is how I feel. HTC makes good phones, I own about all of them, maybe now that Google has bought Motorola they can build some great phones. It's not that hard to do.

:mad: :mad: :mad:

How much do you currently have left? I have 0.92GB on mine. All my apps are on my SD card. The phone has 4GB of internal memory but they set a side some extra room for updates which is great. I agree though it should have at least 8GB of internal space available to the user. This however is not a deal breaker to me. You might want to consider the Samsung Galaxy S II.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol