DLNA on the Sensation

biggbrother2

Sep 14, 2009
Visit site
I am new to the DLNA tech. Has anyone figured out how to run DLNA from this badboy?

I read thru the "Quick Start Guide" that came with the phone since it included no full manual. There isn't anything in there.

I have a new Panasonic plasma that supports DLNA. And the Sensation supports DLNA. But I find nothing in the settings explaining how it works. My TV keeps saying "Searching for media server" which I assume would have to be the Sensation. But I can't figure out how to get the Sensation to transmit the media to the TV.

Thoughts?

Droid800

Banned
Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
I am new to the DLNA tech. Has anyone figured out how to run DLNA from this badboy?

I read thru the "Quick Start Guide" that came with the phone since it included no full manual. There isn't anything in there.

I have a new Panasonic plasma that supports DLNA. And the Sensation supports DLNA. But I find nothing in the settings explaining how it works. My TV keeps saying "Searching for media server" which I assume would have to be the Sensation. But I can't figure out how to get the Sensation to transmit the media to the TV.

Thoughts?

Here's your steps:

1. Go to app drawer
2. Find the app entitled 'connected media'
3. Choose the media type
4. At the top of the screen, tap on the icon that looks like a rectangle with an arrow coming out of the top. You should be able to see your TV, and select it as the player.
5. You're done!

biggbrother2

Sep 14, 2009
Visit site
I have the TV setup now direct thru Ethernet and I have connected it through a USB wireless adapter to my network. On the TV, when I select DLNA, it says Searching for Media Servers, and then it finds my Windows 7 laptop. But the Sensation does not appear on the list on my TV., which is a Panasonic TC-P50S30, which supports DLNA...

On the Sensation I select Connected Media>Photos>Camera Photos and it still doesn't appear on my TV. On the Sensation, when in the folder, select Menu>Choose Player, only the HTC Sensation is shown as a player.

So it seems that neither device is able to see the other. Has anyone else gotten your Sensation to stream to a TV via DLNA?

And I have enabled uPNP on my router.

biggbrother2

Sep 14, 2009
Visit site
I made a small breakthrough last night. I went to the Android Market and searched for DLNA apps. I found one called ArkMC https://market.android.com/details?id=com.arkudadigital.arkmc.light.gm&feature=related_apps and installed it. The app description says:

Tested Media Servers:
- XBMC Media Server
- Windows Media Player
- Foobar2000 Media Server
- PlayOn
- Twonky Media Server
Tested media renderers:
- XBMC Media Renderer
- Windows Media Player
- Foobar2000 Media Renderer
- XBOX360

When I ran the app on my phone, all of a sudden the Panny detected it as a server. It was slow as molasses, but I was able to navigate to my pictures folder and show pictures at least. I really wanted to show HD video captured on the camera but the Panny doesn't support 3GP file fomats... apparently.

So it seems like it may be a problem with the pre-installed HTC DLNA program, at least when it comes to interfacing with newer Panasonic models. It's called "Connected Media".

What is the lost sensible way to view videos on the phone recorded in HD (3gp) on your home TV? Would I need to connect the mHL-HDMI cable to the TV and then play on my phone> Will it show up on the TV when I am playing it on the phone?

bigjoe7757

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site
i am able to stream my media from my phone using windows media player, i have a pc hooked to my tv, i turned on remote access under stream in the media player and then when playing something on my Evo 3d i press menue and select player, my pc is in list, i then select my pc and the movie, picture or music pops up on my tv via my pc.