Are you using a case?

BlackPrince310

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
This is honestly the first phone I've had where I feel like I NEED a case on it. Not because the build quality is bad and might get damaged, but because it looks so damn good and I would be crushed to see a dent or scratch on it. I looked at the T-Mobile silicon case and it seems pretty good, but the question is, does it stick to the inside of your pocket? If it does, I may just pick up a TPU case online somewhere.

carp00r85

May 3, 2011
Visit site
Funny, I'm the exact opposite. This is the first phone where I feel like I don't need a case.

The back cover itself covers the sides of the phone, and the top and bottom, so I can lay the phone in a cupholder or something and not worry about scratching the phone itself, but just the cover.

Considering you can buy brand new back covers for like $10, I don't care if I scratch it. I've always used a case on previous phones so I wouldn't damage the actual phone, but like I said on the sensation the back cover pretty much protects the entire phone, so I'm not worried.

Hope that makes sense.

BlackPrince310

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
The body is the part I don't want scratched up. If you take that off, all your left with is the screen and the internals. Your scared about scratching the internals? lol

Droid800

Banned
Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
Funny, I'm the exact opposite. This is the first phone where I feel like I don't need a case.

The back cover itself covers the sides of the phone, and the top and bottom, so I can lay the phone in a cupholder or something and not worry about scratching the phone itself, but just the cover.

Considering you can buy brand new back covers for like $10, I don't care if I scratch it. I've always used a case on previous phones so I wouldn't damage the actual phone, but like I said on the sensation the back cover pretty much protects the entire phone, so I'm not worried.

Hope that makes sense.

Because the back integrates all of the Sensation's antennas, its going to be costly to replace.

I'm using T-mobile's silicone case. Its alright. Nothing spectacular. But its a good stand-in until more come out.

I have a TPU case coming from TPU-CASES.COM, - All TPU Cases Shipped Free in the USA, and I'm also eyeing a Tough case from The best selection of cases, holsters, screen protectors and accessories for Verizon iPhone 4, Apple iPhone 4, iPhone 3G/3GS, BlackBerry, HTC Phones, Google Phones and iPad at Case-Mate. I'm hoping they come out with one of their Pop! cases soon, because I prefer that to the tough case.

Crackb3rry420

May 29, 2011
Visit site
I feel like I need a case on it too..don't get me wrong the phone looks amazing naked but im really interested in getting an oem gel or silicone skin...I'm hoping I don't get too ripped off at the mall today for one(if they even have em yet)

Mainspring

Jun 6, 2011
Visit site
yeppers, ordered my case couple weeks prior to release of the phone.

it's a sexy phone. would hate to see it develop scratches prematurely.

got me a TPU case, like one from this auction...
For HTC Sensation 4G BLACK Gel CASE COVER+CAR CHARGER+F - eBay (item 400218694912 end time Jun-24-11 18:11:35 PDT)

fits the phone very nicely, not too much bulk at all, and as sexy as the phone is naked, I think the case looks great and it's a good match.

and unlike other cases out there it actually has cutouts for the 2 holes on the lower side of the back.

feels good in hand. can't imagine using the phone without this case now. :D

tdubrpdx

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
I picked up the grey/black two tone body glove case at the tmobile store and I'd highly recommend it. It feels soft in the hand like the original case with the same color scheme and its pretty minimalist in size.

Droid800

Banned
Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
I picked up the grey/black two tone body glove case at the tmobile store and I'd highly recommend it. It feels soft in the hand like the original case with the same color scheme and its pretty minimalist in size.

I wish my stores had those! they only have the one with the clip. I saw the slider case online, so I'm hoping they'll get them soon.

tdubrpdx

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
I got a body glove but it doesn't even fit properly so I'm taking it back. TPU case, here I come!

Mine was a bit of a tight fit but it's very snug which I prefer to a loose fitting case. If you're someone that swaps batteries a lot it might get annoying. I've never had a case this high quality and good looking.

TnA206

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
Last edited:

munnone

Jun 16, 2011
Visit site
I picked up my sensation at the T-mobile store and threw a gel case to hold me over till I found something better. I'm positive that gel case interferes with the wifi reception. I'm sitting one room away from my wifi router using my phone and was getting annoyed that the wifi signal kept dropping in and out so just for the heck of it I took off the gel case and the wifi signal jumped back up to full signal.

I took the case on and off several times and every time I put it on the wifi signal dropped. I sat in my driveway and had no wifi signal at all with the case on and as soon as I took it off I picked it right up. The 4G signal didn't seem to be affected..only the wifi. This is only my experience of course...perhaps I have a faulty unit or something but I am positive I'm better of without the gel case so I'm going without anything for the time being.

Reactions: provengr8nes

Droid800

Banned
Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
I picked up my sensation at the T-mobile store and threw a gel case to hold me over till I found something better. I'm positive that gel case interferes with the wifi reception. I'm sitting one room away from my wifi router using my phone and was getting annoyed that the wifi signal kept dropping in and out so just for the heck of it I took off the gel case and the wifi signal jumped back up to full signal.

I took the case on and off several times and every time I put it on the wifi signal dropped. I sat in my driveway and had no wifi signal at all with the case on and as soon as I took it off I picked it right up. The 4G signal didn't seem to be affected..only the wifi. This is only my experience of course...perhaps I have a faulty unit or something but I am positive I'm better of without the gel case so I'm going without anything for the time being.
Got my case from www.tpu-cases.com today. Its GREAT! Quality is fantastic, fit is awesome, and it even has little cutouts on the back for all of the RF holes in the back.

This case is HIGHLY recommended!

Last edited:
Reactions: provengr8nes

azsl1326#AC

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
I purchased this case. Its look and feel is very similar to Incase's Slider case for the iPhone. Doesn't slide apart from top/bottom, but rather front and back snap together once the phone is in.

ingekeith

Oct 17, 2010
Visit site
TPU off Amazon.com. The silicone cases always seem to get stuck in my pocket and T-Mobile sells them for a ridiculous price as compared to online.

Droid800

Banned
Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
TPU off Amazon.com. The silicone cases always seem to get stuck in my pocket and T-Mobile sells them for a ridiculous price as compared to online.

Yeah, I'm returning mine. That TPU case I got is way better and will do a fine job holding me over until more come out.

mojosingle

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
Is this it?

Is this the case you are talking about?

20j1udf.png

This is the one that is on the TMobile website under the Sensation, but I do not see a "two tone" effect on it so I am wondering if there is something available for the Sensation that is not listed on the TMo website?