no sound whatsoever through speaker please help me.

Crackb3rry420

May 29, 2011
Visit site
i have no idea what happened but the phone is 2 days old and all of a sudden im getting no sound what so ever, i have no headset icon showing theres a headset and the ringtones wont play as well as any other notification sound and the weather app sound. tried googling this problem and i cant find anything,can someone please help me

Droid800

Banned
Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
i have no idea what happened but the phone is 2 days old and all of a sudden im getting no sound what so ever, i have no headset icon showing theres a headset and the ringtones wont play as well as any other notification sound and the weather app sound. tried googling this problem and i cant find anything,can someone please help me
Sounds like you might have switched it into silent mode. Not quite sure how though.

Yenzen

Jun 19, 2011
Visit site
No sound on HTC Sensation

I experienced exactly the same on my brand new phone. First I tried to switch the device off/on a couple of times with no result. Then I chose Reboot (Close all programs.....) and that solved the issue. I have no idea of what may have caused the problem.

Crackb3rry420

May 29, 2011
Visit site
I experienced exactly the same on my brand new phone. First I tried to switch the device off/on a couple of times with no result. Then I chose Reboot (Close all programs.....) and that solved the issue. I have no idea of what may have caused the problem.

glad im not the only 1.well coming from a blackberry when we installed/uninstalled ANY app we automatically were forced to reboot.i think it was because my phone was never turned off inn the first 48 hours since i bought it,and i DL a few apps,checked out most of the apps and didnt think to give it a fresh reboot.so hopefully that was why we got the no sound hiccup..but doing a manual restart from the powerbutton every few days or so should keep the phone nice and snappy

shanesaccount

Jun 19, 2011
Visit site
Same Issue Here...

I've gotten the same issue on my HTC Sensation 4G, and have since day 1. Rebooting the phone fixes it, but what a huge pain in the a$$... anyone know if this is a phone specific issue (or android specific) and if/when they'll fix this?

On another note, I have had my fair share of crashes too. Makes me wish I had an iphone where software is put through the paces.

Crackb3rry420

May 29, 2011
Visit site
I've gotten the same issue on my HTC Sensation 4G, and have since day 1. Rebooting the phone fixes it, but what a huge pain in the a$$... anyone know if this is a phone specific issue (or android specific) and if/when they'll fix this?

On another note, I have had my fair share of crashes too. Makes me wish I had an iphone where software is put through the paces.

we paid for a working phone and to have the sound go in and out randomly,thats just not right...ur right about the lame iphones they never crash its not fair,and it really doesnt pay having an iphone on tmobile because you can only run edge

ix

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
I believe tmobile knew about this problem but had to get it out on the market. That is why they took off the voice recorder app. I tried evernote audio note and it killed all audio on my phone. I uninstalled the app and rebooted. Sound was present again. I then dled voice recorder in market. Tried to make avoice note. Killed all my sound again. Uninstalled app. Rebooted. Sound works. Thanks tmobile for a crappy phone that I cannot voice record on because it kills all phone sound. :-$

Shroomster

Jun 23, 2011
Visit site
I d/l'd an alternate ringtone picking app (as phone doesn't let you use your own stuff for msg tones) and the audio stopped working. Uninstalled it and phone is back to normal.....

KentChapUK

Feb 13, 2012
Visit site
Hi I have a Nexus One and had the same problem - no sound through main speaker for music, notifications, speaker phone etc but all ok if played through bluetooth or a headset. I tried many posts re the problem to no avail and then found the solution myself. Take the back off the phone and press quite hard the loudspeaker whilst playing a music track. I found the the sound then played perfectly. The solution, a new speaker fitted while you wait for around ?20. Easy!

Dr.Proton

Apr 14, 2012
Visit site
Hi I have a Nexus One and had the same problem - no sound through main speaker for music, notifications, speaker phone etc but all ok if played through bluetooth or a headset. I tried many posts re the problem to no avail and then found the solution myself. Take the back off the phone and press quite hard the loudspeaker whilst playing a music track. I found the the sound then played perfectly. The solution, a new speaker fitted while you wait for around ?20. Easy!

@KentChapUK: What do you me with "pushed" the speaker? Did you press with yours fingers on the speaker and then you here the sound? Seems like the contacts doesn?t reach the other side of the contacts (eletronic). I have an other interesting problem with the speaker. If i start playing an app, a musiktrack, a game, whtat ever creates a sound, then the speaker make a quite "knarzing/klacking" sound. It ends, when i stop playing a sound... I am note sure if a new speaker can solve the problem... Any ideas? Ahh, also the 3,5mm headphonejack is working! No prblems with that, bur i dont want to use the HTC sensation just as an MP3 player... ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals37