Use on ATT

crbauhs

Jun 8, 2011
Visit site
So I really like the HTC Sensation compared to my Atrix. Not that the Atrix is bad at all, its a beast. Im just more into the larger scree and unibody design. So I know you can run ATT phones on TMobile but does it work the opposite way too? Can I use a T Mobile phone on ATT?

crbauhs

Jun 8, 2011
Visit site
Ah that is a disappointment that it wouldn't work on 3G. I didn't realize that the bands were different for 3G. Just assumed all GSM carriers had the same stuff. But if it comes to ATT I am on that like white on rice.

scorpiodsu

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Ah that is a disappointment that it wouldn't work on 3G. I didn't realize that the bands were different for 3G. Just assumed all GSM carriers had the same stuff. But if it comes to ATT I am on that like white on rice.

Yeah all GSM networks use the same radios for voice coverage which is why we can unlock any GSM and use it anywhere. But for data, it's a little different. It has to have the right radios to work. From what I've read, TMO is the one who uses the radios that most other don't. Which is why people come to the states to buy AT&T iphones because they eventually can get it working on their network.

I would wait for an AT&T compatible one comes out it would be brutal without 3G and 4G speeds. If you will be able to afford it, you can then buy one of the Canadian ones (assuming it comes out here first) and use it just fine on AT&T.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz