Anyone hear creaking?

MattMJB0188

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
Like when you tap the home button. I noticed that the menu button will make a creaking sound when you press it, especially towards the bottom left. Somewhat annoying, don't think my device is defective because I noticed if you kinda squeeze the phone it will creak also. Guess this is HTC's build quality. I notice it doesn't do it without a case.

MattMJB0188

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
Apprently the battery cover wasn't on all the way lol which was resulting in the creak. I guess the poor T-Mobile lady failed Sensation 101. :D

Droid800

Banned
Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
Mine doesn't creak, but it does have some give if you press on the screen. Its especially noticeable on the bottom edges. Anyone else's do that?

Droid800

Banned
Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
Yeah that's what I meant.

Its irritating but that's me, haha. It just feels like somethings loose. That's part of the reason why I wish they'd gone for a more conventional construction method. (like the Inspire/Desire HD) I'm just worried about long term durability with the interior assembly moving constantly.

Tacjim

Jun 11, 2011
Visit site
This phone is perfect! The design is awesome and the build quality is second to none. In two years when it's upgrade time, you buy a new back cover and sell the in, "like New" condition.

Droid800

Banned
Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
I should add that its worst on the left side of the screen. It feels like its missing some filler materials on the back cover. Anyone else's like this?

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using Tapatalk

Tacjim

Jun 11, 2011
Visit site
I should add that its worst on the left side of the screen. It feels like its missing some filler materials on the back cover. Anyone else's like this?

I would take the phone back, mine doesn't do any of this.

Droid800

Banned
Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
Anyone else's do it? I know the tmobile store is going to make it a hassle to exchange it.

danperde

Not quite a noob
Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
Anyone else's do it? I know the tmobile store is going to make it a hassle to exchange it.

Mine does that too, and each unit I tested in the stores does that. I don't think it's a defect, it's just a design flaw. It's more noticeable on the left lower corner because there is the USB plug and you get a little play in that area. The phone rests on this little pieces of plastic and on the metal contacts, and it's hold in place by the top and bottom laces. So it's not a very sturdy design. I'm not very happy about it, but I'm trying not to be too picky about it. The phone it's worth it.

danperde

Not quite a noob
Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
Oh, and about the apps proper icons being replaced by the standard android icon, one workaround it's to change the skin of Sense. Unfortunately, it keeps them until the first phone restart. But, you can then change the skin again. :p

MattMJB0188

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
Mine does that too, and each unit I tested in the stores does that. I don't think it's a defect, it's just a design flaw. It's more noticeable on the left lower corner because there is the USB plug and you get a little play in that area. The phone rests on this little pieces of plastic and on the metal contacts, and it's hold in place by the top and bottom laces. So it's not a very sturdy design. I'm not very happy about it, but I'm trying not to be too picky about it. The phone it's worth it.

Yeah, its kind of annoying and either some are going to notice it or simply notice it and dismiss it. I notice the most smallest things on my gadgets lol. I was a little worried at first but now I'm assured my device is normal. Those who report they have no issues would in fact be correct, as its not an issue.

Droid800

Banned
Mar 31, 2010
Visit site

I'm thinking of just getting some electrical tape or something similar and putting a piece or two underneath, which should stop it.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante