Post your 4G speeds

MattMJB0188

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
Post your 4G speeds on your Sensation!!! This is the fastest I've ever gotten.

I also want to clarify that I have the Preferred Android Web plan with 5GB of data and its not 4G however I am perfectly able to take advantage of high speeds. YOU DO NOT NEED A 4G WEB PLAN TO TAKE ADVANTAGE OF HIGH SPEEDS.

Shroomster

Jun 23, 2011
Visit site
I wonder why tmo keeps calling it 4g AFAIK it's just enhanced 3g verizon has true 4gLTE and Sprint's WiMax is kinda weird in the middle of 3g/4g ......FWIW if you look at your sensation signal status, it will go from 4g to 2g...NEVER 3g....just a thought....

oh and I'm using an Even More Plus plan with unlimited data (read: throttled at some point don't remember when though) and txt and 750 minutes....

one last thing, how did you post your Sensation speed test on here? thanks!

biggbrother2

Sep 14, 2009
Visit site
The fastest I have gotten was Download 8085 kbps and Upload 1651 kbps, Ping 75ms, Hsdpa, Boston Server, in Providence on 6/20/11.

I can't do one now because I'm throttled until the 27th. Actually, let me run one for the hell of it... wow.. I got Download 6133 kbps and Upload 1581 kbps , ping 102ms. Not bad. I thought I was throttled since I received the text from T-mobile.

How did you get the link to post your test results here? I can only e-mail mine to myself. But I can't find an embed link in the Speedtest app.

MattMJB0188

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
I wonder why tmo keeps calling it 4g AFAIK it's just enhanced 3g verizon has true 4gLTE and Sprint's WiMax is kinda weird in the middle of 3g/4g ......FWIW if you look at your sensation signal status, it will go from 4g to 2g...NEVER 3g....just a thought....

oh and I'm using an Even More Plus plan with unlimited data (read: throttled at some point don't remember when though) and txt and 750 minutes....

The fastest I have gotten was Download 8085 kbps and Upload 1651 kbps, Ping 75ms, Hsdpa, Boston Server, in Providence on 6/20/11.

I can't do one now because I'm throttled until the 27th. Actually, let me run one for the hell of it... wow.. I got Download 6133 kbps and Upload 1581 kbps , ping 102ms. Not bad. I thought I was throttled since I received the text from T-mobile.

How did you get the link to post your test results here? I can only e-mail mine to myself. But I can't find an embed link in the Speedtest app.

I did it via tethering. I plugged my phone in and then ran a speedtest via my computer browser and then it gave me the option to share it. Its the same thing since the connection is coming from your phone. I then got the same results running the speedtest on my phone. Numbers were exact but pretty damn close. E.g 9.60mbps PC, 9.43mbps phone

karnovaran

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
Best I've had
61160396.png

(FYI: you can get the image by going to results, click the test, click the little mail icon in the upper right, then select gmail and you'll see a url)

Shroomster

Jun 23, 2011
Visit site
@matt : I figured you tethered it thanks for response

@kanoravan : wasn't sure it would work like that so I never tried...thanks I'm going to do it and add it to this post

Meh this is not the best but its about average where I am right now

62668569.png

Last edited:

Droid800

Banned
Mar 31, 2010
Visit site

Which means absolutely nothing. The lack of a 3G signal indicator is a non-starter argument. HSPA+, especially in its higher ranges (which T-mobile is currently deploying) is JUST as fast as Verizon's LTE implementation. I've seen speeds on T-mobile's HSPA+ that were BETTER than anything I saw on LTE.

Oh, and FYI: Verizon's LTE doesn't qualify as 4G either. LTE-Advanced does, but that isn't finalized yet.

aggie

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
Which means absolutely nothing. The lack of a 3G signal indicator is a non-starter argument. HSPA+, especially in its higher ranges (which T-mobile is currently deploying) is JUST as fast as Verizon's LTE implementation. I've seen speeds on T-mobile's HSPA+ that were BETTER than anything I saw on LTE.

Oh, and FYI: Verizon's LTE doesn't qualify as 4G either. LTE-Advanced does, but that isn't finalized yet.

Really? I'm pushing 40 mbps DL on my Charge and 7ish up. I haven't seen near that on either sensation i've tried.
Trying to decide if i wanna make the switch. Sensation is an amazing device. Absolutely love it. But not sure I can give up verizon LTE

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Reactions: tyvallely

VCL

Dec 28, 2010
Visit site
Live in a suburb of Boston getting on average between 6.5 - 12MB download and pretty consistent 1.6 up. My download speeds are a very strong 7 - 8.5 MB during the day and after 5:30 pm my download speeds climb. How can you not be happy with those numbers??? Just as good and sometimes better then Verizon's LTE network. Damn I will miss what I think is the best Carrier in the country. Damn you AT&T. Just when T-Mobile gets their HSPA+ Network where it should be they decide to pack it in. :mad: :mad:

kentusmc

Apr 2, 2010
Visit site

No us carrier has true 4G 4G - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Shroomster

Jun 23, 2011
Visit site

You kinda repeated what I said, lte is 4g, and right it is still infantile. But I wasn't trying to argue a point about anything, I was just lol'ing about it being '4g' but when its in hsdpa it still shows up as 4g no 3g signal symbol on the notification screen

Edwill86

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
Really? I'm pushing 40 mbps DL on my Charge and 7ish up. I haven't seen near that on either sensation i've tried.
Trying to decide if i wanna make the switch. Sensation is an amazing device. Absolutely love it. But not sure I can give up verizon LTE

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk

I agree. the sensation looks wonderful.. but I get on average around 20mbs down and 4mbs up on vzw's 4g LTE with my Tbolt. I just dont think I could give up the speed.

jam34

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
8.88 down 1.68 up just replaced my evo today where prayed to get 3 mbs down love sensation so far ..but this phantom vm notification sucks

crxssi

Linux: The power beneath
May 31, 2010
Visit site
I tested around 8Mb/s last week on my Evo 4G/Sprint, but that is not an area where I live. Today I got the Evo 3D (yay!!!) Have no 4G where I live.... yet.... still.... (no carrier does).

Droid800

Banned
Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
You kinda repeated what I said, lte is 4g, and right it is still infantile. But I wasn't trying to argue a point about anything, I was just lol'ing about it being '4g' but when its in hsdpa it still shows up as 4g no 3g signal symbol on the notification screen

Except LTE isn't 4G. LTE Advanced is. They're two different things.HSPA+ and LTE are comparable right now, and not too much different.

Droid800

Banned
Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
I agree. the sensation looks wonderful.. but I get on average around 20mbs down and 4mbs up on vzw's 4g LTE with my Tbolt. I just dont think I could give up the speed.

You don't notice a difference on the handset. You would with tethering, but not on the actual phone.

MOTOX2

Sep 22, 2010
Visit site
These are pretty slow speeds. Almost nearly every time i get 18.485-19.5 down and anywhere's from 9-12 up. With a 75 ping. In Parkland, FL. Its near coral springs.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawncompton