Sensation vs G2x My thoughts

vstarnitelite

Jun 17, 2011
Visit site
Before the story first off the Gx2 is a total POS compaired to the sensation. Those who complain about lagging go have a look at the problems the g2x has and maybe you'll appreciate what you have.

I had a Sensation and kept thinking about the G2x. This is my first smartphone and learned the G2x could immediately be rooted, was fast, and in reviews was comparable to the Sensation just depending on your needs. All I can say is DO NOT BUY A G2x and if you take your sensation back like I did and do an exchange for a G2x you have been forwarned.

With me sometimes the grass is always greener on the other side, so I took my sensation back and got the G2x despite what I had read about the phone having some problems. I figured surely there are those out there without problems and I would gamble on that idea. Phone felt nice in the hand and on the way home I immediately starting taking a vid just for the heck of it...and all is well.

Get home, screen looks decent, try connecting to the wifi and the phone shows at the top I'm connected, but when I go to marketplace it says i have to be connected to use the service...go into the settings where it says I AM connected...go back to marketplace and try the internet browser and the same thing. Go to try the camera now and when shutting down the camera icon gets stuck on the homescreen. wierd. reboot the phone still no internet connection but it still says i am connected. 30 min later all of a sudden it works...hook it up to the laptop to see the pics and vid and they look so horrible I would be embarrased to show pics to other people taken with the phone they looked that bad...and I'm not exaggerating...when compared to the sensation they are night and day...and I'm a photographer doing it as a serious hobby so I know what to look for.

Plug the phone in for the night, get up and its VERY hot...throw it into my bag going to workk and on the way reaching in the bag it felt like someone took a hot hairdryer and stuck it in there. The phone will not turn on now at all. I go into work and get off, the phone is STILL hot and will not turn on. I take the battery out putting it in front of the A/C, put it back in and hey what do ya know the phone finally turns on with 50% battery showing...wtf it hasnt been even able to turn on all day until now

End of the story? I took the POS back and REALLY appreciate the Sensation now...as they say ya dont know what you have sometimes until its gone...

All I can say is I feel sorry for those that bought the G2x and have to suffer with it on a daily basis. I wouldnt trust that phone to even be used as an alarm clock, and to think some people paid full price for that crap. If that were me I would be so pissed...Thank God I got my Sensation back.:)

Reactions: Gridlock74

dante501

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
Well I owe a G2x and have a sensation. Well my G2x beats. The sensation in speed already in stock. It is like sensation 2500 in quartrand score the g2x has 3100 and i also have the G2x rooted and it is now pushing the almost 4000 and not even any lag. I like both phones. Sense on Htc sensation is beautiful the g2x can't hold up to it but that being said the g2x is the faster phone specially when rooted and overclocked it or just putting a different software on it that will change the game even further. So enjoy the HTC sensation but the lg g2x is great but lg screwed up the software implementation like.......

vstarnitelite

Jun 17, 2011
Visit site
software issues and ?

Well I owe a G2x and have a sensation. Well my G2x beats. The sensation in speed already in stock. It is like sensation 2500 in quartrand score the g2x has 3100 and i also have the G2x rooted and it is now pushing the almost 4000 and not even any lag. I like both phones. Sense on Htc sensation is beautiful the g2x can't hold up to it but that being said the g2x is the faster phone specially when rooted and overclocked it or just putting a different software on it that will change the game even further. So enjoy the HTC sensation but the lg g2x is great but lg screwed up the software implementation like.......

I'm in agreement with you, but they also have a QC problem majorly. Yes the G2x is faster, but in reality how is the extra speed utilized beyond running tests? Maybe high end games? I think the Sensation is plenty fast enough for that, and its true potential hasn't been realized yet but will when we can root the phone and get rid of sense if desired :)

Droid800

Banned
Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
I'm in agreement with you, but they also have a QC problem majorly. Yes the G2x is faster, but in reality how is the extra speed utilized beyond running tests? Maybe high end games? I think the Sensation is plenty fast enough for that, and its true potential hasn't been realized yet but will when we can root the phone and get rid of sense if desired :)

had a g2x for a month and it was the single best android phone I've ever owned. The sensation is good, but the g2x is better. I've owned a dozen android handsets, and the os has never felt as good as it did on the g2x. Yeah, they got off to a Rocky start, but the g2x is still the best android handset on the us market despite that.

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using Tapatalk

Tacjim

Jun 11, 2011
Visit site
The reason the benchmark scores are lower is because the screen and pixel density is more on both the Sensation and the EVO 3D. I've yet to see a dual core snap dragon on an 800*480 screen.

jbrandonf

Feb 28, 2011
Visit site
The reason the benchmark scores are lower is because the screen and pixel density is more on both the Sensation and the EVO 3D. I've yet to see a dual core snap dragon on an 800*480 screen.

What he said.

And when will we get off of this benchmark crap? As long as the experience of using the phone is smooth who gives a **** how many cores our phone has and how it compares across different chipsets (which is like comparing apples to oranges)? The Sensation is choppy because it needs its software optimized. And aren't we still waiting for android to get dual core support?

MrE

Banned
Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
Its funny, I just played with the G2x. The guy at Tmobile told me they are on backorder because they are trying to fix something with them already? The demo model was out though and it was very slow compared to my sensation just swyping between home screens and it just felt so unpolished compared to Sense. I actually thought the Sidekick I played with was more responsive than the G2x. No such thing as "better" comes down to personal preference. Thats why you have people who swear Blackberry or iPhone are the "best" phones.

rldev

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
I have had both. I'm considering returning my Sensation and go back to the G2x. I can't stand the choppiness and crumby sound of my Sensation. That and the $100 difference at Costco. I'm really just waiting for Hercules. I had an Infuse 4G before all of these phones and frankly it was better then all of these phones. But ATT data coverage was weak.

Droid800

Banned
Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
Its funny, I just played with the G2x. The guy at Tmobile told me they are on backorder because they are trying to fix something with them already? The demo model was out though and it was very slow compared to my sensation just swyping between home screens and it just felt so unpolished compared to Sense. I actually thought the Sidekick I played with was more responsive than the G2x. No such thing as "better" comes down to personal preference. Thats why you have people who swear Blackberry or iPhone are the "best" phones.

Demo phones aren't a good judge. They're on all the time and people do stupid crap to them. As I said above, the G2X is an amazingly capable phone, and is the best Android phone I've ever owned. I ended up going with the Sensation because I like Sense. If I was indifferent, the Sensation wouldn't even be a blip on the radar.

jam34

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
Every G2X owner ive talked to first comment is about quadrant scores.. i agree if i was judging quadrant scores g2x wins... but uhh i live in a real world and WHO CARES. I use to be that guy a year ago..

Who cares about benchmark scores its about the overall experience, its a phone afterall isnt it?

jbrandonf

Feb 28, 2011
Visit site
Every G2X owner ive talked to first comment is about quadrant scores.. i agree if i was judging quadrant scores g2x wins... but uhh i live in a real world and WHO CARES. I use to be that guy a year ago..

Who cares about benchmark scores its about the overall experience, its a phone afterall isnt it?

It's because that's the only advantage they have have. That, and vanilla android.

nexus1inAZ

Mar 23, 2010
Visit site
I too own both of these phones. I have been reading all of the differing opinions on them both, there are some great points and not so great points. I bought the G2x the day it launched and gave up my Nexus S for it. The nexus S was a better phone than the G2x in almost every aspect and they both run vanilla android. I had severe connection issues on wifi, 3g, 4g, and could barely make a phone call while inside buildings. I hated the G2x and could not wait for the Sensation to be released. I picked it up on the 8th, my local Walmart started selling it early. The Sensation does everything the G2x didn't, like actual allow me to make a phone call while in a building. It is less laggy, and the features are outstanding. HTC knows how to make a phone. The G2x is not a complete bust, it is great for gaming and I kept it for that reason. I have not even picked up the G2x since the Sensation was released. I would say that with the exception of the connection problems the G2x is an excellent phone, and both of these phones are better than almost any other phone out on any carrier. I have owned every HTC, Samsung, and LG phone that has been available on the T-Mobile network and love how they keep improving them. Everyone needs to remember that almost every phone that has been launched on any carrier, including the icrap, has had some sort of bug. The Nexus 1 did, the original Galaxy S did, so cut these phones some slack and remember the manufacturers will improve them as time goes by with updates.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance