Yahoo account not working since last Thursday

danperde

Not quite a noob
Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
Does anybody else has a Yahoo email account on their native email client? If yes, does it still working? Mine stopped receiving email since Thursday. I can send email but in inbox says "No mail". I tried deleting the account, restarting the phone and re-adding the account and no use. All the settings are correct, no errors upon setup, but still can't retrieve email. I installed K9 and works on it. Only the native mail app gives me grief. Help?

wally27

Nov 24, 2010
Visit site
Mine stopped working yesterday... I tried different servers and nothing. I just downloaded yahoo in market and it works but kills the battery... any one can fix this problem?

Go Android!

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Awesome it's not just me! I have an Evo with a Sense 3.0 rom, and my Email hasn't been syncing with the Mail app since last week (probably Thursday). it kept on saying I didn't have any new messages. So I tried removing the account and adding it and now it says I have nothing at all in my inbox.

ibejack96

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
ya this would be a problem, but if you absolutely need to have your yahoo mail, may I suggest trying the Yahoo Mail app until it starts working again?

rookie5656

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
yeah i didnt notice till saturday ,when i did not recieve any new emails or notifications from facebook as well :'(. hopefully they have some major update really soon, oh and Facebook like always is kinda doing the same????? oh yeah and Gmail 2!!!!!!!:-\

Lestah_613

Jan 17, 2010
Visit site
Hey guys I just went to mail options on my Yahoo! Account and under the POP n forwarding tab, it says I need to upgrade to Yahoo! Mail Plus in order to receive mail forwarded. So, there is ur answer.

The app totally blows, is limited n drains ur battery. Do what I've been doing n check the mobile web mail site on ur phone. Sucks but oh well.

dflores

May 5, 2011
Visit site
Not trying to troll or anything, but just switch to Gmail. It provides more features than the paid Yahoo! Mail, but for free. I left Yahoo! roughly 4 years ago and haven't looked back.

danperde

Not quite a noob
Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
Hey guys I just went to mail options on my Yahoo! Account and under the POP n forwarding tab, it says I need to upgrade to Yahoo! Mail Plus in order to receive mail forwarded. So, there is ur answer.

The app totally blows, is limited n drains ur battery. Do what I've been doing n check the mobile web mail site on ur phone. Sucks but oh well.

You don't have to have a premium account to get the mail on your phone. It's not a forwarded email, the app logs in your account and pulls the emails on the handset. Plus, it worked on every handset I owned (including this one) until last Thursday. More than that, this happens only with the native email app, I installed K9 app and Yahoo mail works as supposed to be. But I don't like K9 and I want to be able to use the native client. And yes, Yahoo's app sucks. Battery drainage and lack of customization. So I posted the thread to see if other users are experiencing this. Looks like a lot does. About switching to Gmail, that will be a lot of headache for me. Of course I have a Gmail account, but I've been using Yahoo since 1998 as my main email address. I can't even track down how many banks, accounts, people, etc. have my email address. To change it will be like 6 or more months process.

SMD

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
You can always try using Maildroid. I've been using it for several months and it has ALWAYS handled Yahoo mail better than any other app including K9 and the HTC stock email. They had issues like many others this last week, but they've since killed the "yahoo bug" now and it is working great. I use the Maildroid Pro app, but the free version works just as well. My version has had NO issues this last week but my wife's Samsung Fascinate has been having issues with Yahoo since last week as well and is now fixed.

The best thing, by far, about Maildroid is the developer's response. I have posted this many times in other threads but seriously, if you have an issue send him an email (maildroiddev at gmail) and he responds usually THAT DAY. That was huge to me. I found Maildroid to receive yahoo mails quicker and with less hassle than K9. K9 seems to pull Yahoo mail where as Maildroid is set up as an Idle Push so most emails come immediately (not quite as good as true push but better on battery than pull).

Anyway, good luck. Hope this helps.

theprivate

Dec 12, 2010
Visit site
I've been having the same problem and I'm a Yahoo Mail Plus costumer.

When I setup the account manually I set it up as a POP and it worked just fine.

When I added the account again as an IMAP dead. :mad:

:confused:

Duvi

Oct 24, 2008
Visit site
Wow... been having that issue with customers all day today. In every situation, I informed them about the Yahoo Mail app and they were satisfied and liked it better, but it has been all HTC devices, not the sensation.

I will test out Yahoo on my Nexus S 4G and Atrix tonight as I always use the app myself.

Dr. Bal

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Try this....on your Sensation or Android device delete the funky Yahoo! account. Then go online and reset your mail password at Yahoo! and finally add back the Yahoo! account on your device with the new password. This worked for me with my old Evo when this happened and I just did this yesterday when the same account stopped working on my Sensation. I had instant success both times...just need a new a password.

vass0922

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
mine (droidx) broke shortly after going to gingerbread, hasn't worked since
migrated to K9, I can receive mail but can not send

guess I'll be stuck with the POS Yahoo app as well :(

thanks to yahoo for forcing us to their mail client

seems to be a certificate issue, but couldnt' verify

Impulses

Jun 16, 2010
Visit site
Any evidence to support the claim that the Yahoo mail app from the market is a battery drainer? I've been using it for months and haven't noticed any unusual wake locks nor have I ever seen the app on the battery usage list like games and the screen and what have you... Am I missing something? It also seems to support true push which should ideally be more efficient than any IMAP polling.

As far as the app itself, yes it's very lacking in options... I hate that they made it so that deleting or moving a message while it's open automatically takes you to the next one (i prefer getting kicked back to inbox, as it used to work). Other than that I don't have a lot of complaints since I do zero message composing from that app, I just use my Yahoo address for bills and like shopping newsletters, forum thread subscriptions, etc. I use Gmail for personal stuff, any actual conversation, photos, etc.

Yahoo's app does beat Gmail when it comes to attachments imo, it lets you download any kind of file and usually does it quicker. /shrug Gmail forces a preview of some files, ignores others, etc. At least you can get around Gmail's sending restrictions by attaching stuff from within a file explorer like EStrong.

Edit: I assumed it supported some sort of push method (since FB notification emails were instant) but I see there's quite a lot of complaints about it's battery use (and yet it still has a 4 star rating...), is there any way I can see this drain for myself besides uninstalling and hoping I notice the difference? They couldn't possibly have it polling every few minutes by default as people claim could they, that just seems insane... I think I originally downloaded it to get access to my mail folders & search functionality, neither of which the stock mail app was doing... Is this something K9 can do?

Last edited:

jackmei2

Sep 23, 2010
Visit site
Wow... been having that issue with customers all day today. In every situation, I informed them about the Yahoo Mail app and they were satisfied and liked it better, but it has been all HTC devices, not the sensation.

I will test out Yahoo on my Nexus S 4G and Atrix tonight as I always use the app myself.

a friend with the tbolt has been having this issue for the past few days as well, but with my tbolt I've been fine. still receiving yahoo emails as of this morning.