Apps (moved to SD) icon changed to Android icon after restart

Jun 27, 2011
Visit site
My apps that are moved to SD will change to Android icons after my phone is restarted.

DSC03731.jpg

My situation is similar to the Evo 3D owners.

http://forum.androidcentral.com/htc...-sd-card-icon-disappearing-after-restart.html

I want to make sure if everyone also experiencing this problem. If so, this is a bug.

BTW, can we do screenshot?? I had to grab my camera and take a picture of my screen...
HTC Mobile Phone Support - HTC Sensation is certainly misleading.

MattMJB0188

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
Yes. Its a bug. The Evo 3D suffers from this as well. Definitely has something to do with Sense 3.0. You cab fix it by changing the skin. Hope this helps. :D

I'm no Android expert but I'm pretty sure screenshots can only be done with rooted devices and there are no roots avalaible for the Sensation yet.

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G

zackmack7

Apr 13, 2010
Visit site
Had the problem when I moved Twidroyd to SD. But then all I did was delete the old icon from the screen, open the app tray, and re-add it. That did it for me

Shroomster

Jun 23, 2011
Visit site
Had the problem when I moved Twidroyd to SD. But then all I did was delete the old icon from the screen, open the app tray, and re-add it. That did it for me

He was talking about when you power down the phone and then turn it back on, or even restarting it also. Been having the same quirk

Arodhr13

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
So if I change the skin, do I need to change the skin every time I reboot? Or just a one time change? Thanks

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using Tapatalk

kyleresq

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
Yup, happening to me too. I also noticed that when I moved some of my programs to my SD card, the ability to add their widget was lost also. i.e, I moved Handcent SMS to my SD. Handcent offers a widget that puts an unread count on the icon. That wasn't showing up in my list of available widgets until I moved it back to the phone. Odd.

Shroomster

Jun 23, 2011
Visit site
Yup, happening to me too. I also noticed that when I moved some of my programs to my SD card, the ability to add their widget was lost also. i.e, I moved Handcent SMS to my SD. Handcent offers a widget that puts an unread count on the icon. That wasn't showing up in my list of available widgets until I moved it back to the phone. Odd.

Ummm that was an issue present on froyo, and it is still present in this gingerbread build....

Jul 1, 2011
Visit site
Got the same problem with icons after rebooting. But this is minor compared to others I;ve posted elsewhere (lock ring doesn't work most of the time, can't end calls without phone locking up, can't dial out most of the tine because dialer doesn't respond or freezes.

Basically, in the first week mine became a brick and is going back for an exchange. Or if HTC wants to send me one that works, I'd accept that. Miss my old EVO.

Capt.Z.

zackmack7

Apr 13, 2010
Visit site
He was talking about when you power down the phone and then turn it back on, or even restarting it also. Been having the same quirk
Well when I do restart, the problem comes back, but i did the same thing I stated before to correct it. Didnt wanna have to change the skin

siriusthinking

Jun 9, 2011
www.flickr.com
I haven't had this issue for a couple of days now after changing the skin. And I shut my phone off and on every day for work. My widgets haven't had those weird lines running through them, either.
If anyone's curious, it's on the HTC skin now.

jmussul

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
Happening to me too. I deleted the icons and then reinstalled them without a reboot and in about an hour they changed back to the Android icons.