T-Mobile LG G2 question

Argean

Nov 30, 2013
Visit site
hey folks,

I'm a rabid Android fanatic, and recently upgraded from my old sidekick to the G2. I loved the phone and how the performance was SO much better than any other device I've had. I did, however, run into an issue.

2 days after I got the device, I was sitting on the floor playing with my wife's nephew, it slipped out of my pocket, fell around 6 inches to the floor and the screen entirely shattered. Is this normal? I know it's supposed to be a Gorilla glass screen, which is supposed to be a LOT tougher than that (my wife's Radar 4g went flying about 10 feet out of her hand and onto concrete and got a small ding in it), so I'm wondering if I got a device with a defective screen. Any thoughts?

ultravisitor

Aug 29, 2010
Visit site
Re: G2 question

Gorilla glass isn't shatter proof. Your screen isn't defective. Any screen can shatter depending on how it lands on the ground.

mount.zed

May 31, 2013
Visit site

I agree, I think that a large display is more prone to shatter also. My old Atrix 4g has seen some big drops and survived, not sure my G2 would have made out as well

Gorilla glass isn't shatter proof. Your screen isn't defective. Any screen can shatter depending on how it lands on the ground.

HalizDad

Banned
Jul 17, 2011
Visit site

Yeah, I dropped mine about 4 feet and it didn't break. I just have a crappy little s-line case on it to keep the lens cover clean

troysyx

Sep 14, 2011
Visit site

Sadly, this is the case with any phone. It all depends on the EXACT angle that it lands on. you could have dropped it from the second floor and it would have been fine if it didn't land on a particular spot. (yes i'm overexagerating, but i think you get mypoint lol)

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Gorilla Glass is scratch resistant (not scratch proof, but better than other types of glass). It is not shatter proof

Sent from my Galaxy S4 running SlimKat 4.4.2

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance