Unable to save photo edits

EvinLeigh

Dec 12, 2013
Visit site
Problem....

I took a screen shot.
Went into my file manager (the one that came installed on the phone).
Navigated to my screenshot.
Opened using Photos, not gallery (so I could edit, which I have edited photos on my phone before this is just the first time this way and editing a screenshot).
Edited and when I hit save at the top, the message of "unable to save photo edits" popped up.

Why and what can I do to stop this??

chrisnutt

Dec 13, 2013
Visit site
I too had that problem and everytime google+ crashed.go into goggle plus setting snd turn off photo backup(my storage was full) hope this works for you

EvinLeigh

Dec 12, 2013
Visit site
The exact steps I took above does not allow editing in gallery mode, only photos (using the choose action option via file manager).

BUT If I enter straight into gallery (not via file manager) I can edit AND SAVE that way.

Just dont understand WHY it is not allowing saving via Photos Via File Manager (the message I got)!!

Oh well at least I can still get what I need to get done.

measy164

Mar 13, 2014
Visit site
Fear not everyone..its because of google plus. Go to settings,apps, and force stop google plus. Then uninstall the update. Next, go to the play store and download the new update..this worked for my g2

Finster32

Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
I too have been having this issue on my G2. I tried following the steps of stopping Google+ and re-downloading but no change. I also have noticed a few other odd things with this...

I am using Go SMS Pro and trying to get a photo set for a few contacts.
I go under the contacts, tap the picture area, I get 2 options; Take photo or select from gallery.
I choose Select from gallery and I browse to the photo, it brings up the photo editor and when I tap "done" it gives the error that the edit cannot be saved.

The odd thing is that after making this attempt, I can make a 2nd attempt and it doesn't matter what photo I choose, it always brings up the original photo that filed.

Since I am unable to accomplish this, I was also trying to get my contacts to use the facebook avatars but unable to complete this either.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Destinee All

Aug 9, 2014
Visit site
I too have been having this issue on my G2. I tried following the steps of stopping Google+ and re-downloading but no change. I also have noticed a few other odd things with this...

I am using Go SMS Pro and trying to get a photo set for a few contacts.
I go under the contacts, tap the picture area, I get 2 options; Take photo or select from gallery.
I choose Select from gallery and I browse to the photo, it brings up the photo editor and when I tap "done" it gives the error that the edit cannot be saved.

The odd thing is that after making this attempt, I can make a 2nd attempt and it doesn't matter what photo I choose, it always brings up the original photo that filed.

Since I am unable to accomplish this, I was also trying to get my contacts to use the facebook avatars but unable to complete this either.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

The same thing is going on with my phone. Were you able to fix it?

Praful Dafe

Nov 23, 2014
Visit site
Problem....

I took a screen shot.
Opened using Photos, not gallery (so I could edit, which I have edited photos on my phone before this is just the first time this way and editing a screenshot).
Edited and when I hit save at the top, the message of "unable to save photo edits" popped up.

Randy Struck

Nov 29, 2014
Visit site
My wife just got the Lg G3 we had the same issue cant save photo edit. Go into your settings apps all and disable google+. That will do it guaranteed

Last edited:

Morgan Dubich

Jan 18, 2015
Visit site
My mom's phone is having the same problem as everyone else's. We follow your instructions up until the "uninstall the update part". Our phones are one day old, not even, and we just got them. We haven't updated the Google + nor do we really know where to go to uninstall anything for Google+. Please help, we're very frustrated.

shenika mckoy

Jan 26, 2015
Visit site
Problem....

I took a screen shot.

Donald Cobb

Jan 27, 2015
Visit site
fixed is go to settings app manager /all force stop goggle+ then play store update goggle+ .then update goggle play service .it work like a charm

Rachel Zinserling

May 4, 2015
Visit site
I have some special pics from my wedding and other ones to enjoy and change my lock screen background now and again ..

But once i choose my pic it says unable to show pic edits which is annoying ..

please help me cause i want to change my lock screen from me and my gran to me +my hubby on our wedding day and also change it from time to time..

please help asap..peaches:':):)':)'(

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unirockers