cant use the "aplications" icon anymore on my LG G2,

Christiaan Welker

Nov 19, 2014
Visit site
after a system update yesterday i cant use the "aplications" icon anymore on my LG G2, what can i do I can open the apps by opening google playstore and search for the app but still then i can`t open f.i. "downloads".Restarting my phone didn`t help

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Can you open apps by tapping on any of the existing shortcuts on the homescreen? Is it just the App Drawer you're unable to access?

One thing to try would be to Clear Data from the homescreen launcher, although this will wipe your homescreens clean, and you'll have to set them all up again. Go to Settings>Apps>All, and look for something like Launcher, Home, or Homescreen, and Clear Cache/Clear Data.

Christiaan Welker

Nov 19, 2014
Visit site
Hej
I can open all my apps as long they are on my home screen or open them via the play store. When i try to open the grey icon with the 16 white squares i gat the message (in dutch) "Helaas, thuis is gestopt" (unfortunately, home has stopped). and then it closes. it`s the icon to open te overview of all apps and programs. So when i want to go to my downloads,.. thats no app,.. i cant do that via play store,...
so any idea,.. do i need to do the thing you suggested?
Christiaan

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I think that might be the best thing to try right now. First, make a note of how your current homescreens are set up, so that you can set them up easily again. It sounds like the launcher app is called "Home," so look for it in the Settings>Apps>All menu, tap it, then start by tapping Clear Cache (which won't erase your homescreens). Go back and try the App Drawer again. If that doesn't work, then go back to Settings>Apps>All and this time select Clear Data, and Force Stop. Now tap the Home button again, and you should see your homescreen show up, this time blank. Now see what happens when you tap the App Drawer.

Abhiuday Srivastava

Feb 4, 2015
Visit site
Hi,

My phone got an update yesterday, and since then I am unable to access app using the App launcher button.
On pressing it says "Home has stopped".

I've tried the method described in the post above, however, they have not worked.

Any more suggestions or solutions?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucharmer