Mytouch 4G Slide Battery help

Dmarco79

Aug 15, 2011
Visit site
I just got the new Mytouch 4G Slide and I absolutely love it. The phone is super fast, responsive, beautiful and has the best camera I've seen on a cell phone. My question is, if there are any extended batteries for this particular phone or if there are other HTC phones out there with batteries that are compatible with the Mytouch 4G Slide, because the battery life could use some improvement. Otherwise, the Mytouch 4G Slide is in my opinion, the best cell phone EVER made.

musho3210

Jul 24, 2011
Visit site
I just ordered an Anker 1900mAh battery from amazon. Technically it's for the HTC Sensation but they apparently use the same battery. It's a slightly extended battery, but the size should fit in without needing a larger back (at least so is advertised for the HTC Sensation).

I'll let you know if it fits and works when I get it. Here's a link:
http://www.amazon.com/Anker-1900mAh...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU1201523

Dmarco79

Aug 15, 2011
Visit site
I just ordered an Anker 1900mAh battery from amazon. Technically it's for the HTC Sensation but they apparently use the same battery. It's a slightly extended battery, but the size should fit in without needing a larger back (at least so is advertised for the HTC Sensation).

Amazon.com: Anker 1900mAh Li-ion Battery for HTC Sensation G14 Z710E- White: Cell Phones & Accessories

Thanks allot, I do appreciate any help on this topic.

xaviernj

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site

Amazon.com: Anker 1900mAh Li-ion Battery for HTC Sensation G14 Z710E - White: Cell Phones & Accessories

What was the outcome of this??? Was this battery an improvement?? Appreciate the feedback :)

musho3210

Jul 24, 2011
Visit site
Ok, the Anker Battery is a little clunky, and its fit isn't so snug. Buuuut, if you push down on it hard enough it will pop in and the cover does go all the way on. So in the end, I can say it does fit. It is a heavier battery so it will add to the brickness of the mt4gs.

Now i went through a first charge cycle, and I didn't notice any big difference. Maybe after a couple charge cycles it will last longer.

rmontrose

Aug 27, 2011
Visit site
I purchased the combo with two Anker batteries and charger for $27 from Amazon. The first battery lasted about 5 hours, and for 4 hours maintained about a 50% charge then rapidly went down from there. The bad thing is when I tried to charge the phone the it wouldn't turn on - even after 1 1/2 hours of charging.
I'm on the 2nd battery now and seeing how that works. Don't see much improvement over the standard battery.

Mikethaler

Jun 11, 2011
Visit site
I ordered TWO batteries off Ebay with a wall charger for $11.99 incl. shipping! I realized it was a gamble. Turns out the batteries last about the same as the original. The charger is for batteries for this phone only, not the type of charger that takes all kinds of cell batteries where you have to set the contact points.
(The Sensation uses the same batteries.)

Item number is 140595202779. Obviously Chinese products. Although it says product is in L.A., it was shipped to us from Northern Ca. and I got it in ONE day. (We are in Oakland.)

These (and the original) sometimes make it from morning to evening. About 1/3 of the time have to change batteries in mid to late afternoon. Put phone in charger in evening.
Phone is probably being used more than it would be normally. Being completely new after years w. a BB, wife is spending extra time learning the phone - thus the screen is on lots longer than normal.

I'm still using my BB.

...mike

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12