s off back to s on and recovery help plz

mateodroid

Oct 22, 2011
Visit site
hi.
ive been trying to root my phone as of late. right now im tryin to unroot it and start over. ive been using the processes as shown by theunlockr.com. now the first time i rooted everything seemed to go fine. then when it came to doing a new rom for my device thats when things started messing up. i got rom manager and did the recovery flash. went fine. then when i got to reboot to recovery everything spiraled downward :( . at first i was getting the green android with a yellow exclamation. unlockr had said that was normal and to keep redoing the process. well after about 5 tries or so it stopped even giving me that screen and just froze to the startup that says tmobile my touch 4g slide. had to pull battery to reboot. so after a bit of frustration i got unlockrs unroot process and followed it. seemed like that worked to get unrooted. tried the recovery that comes stock with the phone and it seemed like it worked too. i didnt happen to notice if my phone had successfully gone back to s on. but i know revolution wasnt there anymore on the bootloader screen. and so my phone seemed to be back to the fresh out of the box condition. so then i proceeded to try and follow unlockrs steps again to root my phone. well this time i didnt even make it that far. this time the root failed to install successfully. my phone had the pink revolution at the top and said s off, but it wouldnt flash the recovery mode. so i fig'd i either deleted something or still had something lingering on my phone from the last attempt at rooting it. so i followed the unrooting process once more. and now the revolution is gone but it still says s off and i cant reboot into recovery anymore like i could the first time i undid the root. now i get a black screen and a red exclamtion mark when i try to recover. but my phone works fine. any help or ideas on what i need to do? :-! i would like to get back to s on and have stock recovery so i can start over once more :p

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance