MyTouch 4G Slide stuck at 56k data

fongaboo

Sep 3, 2013
Visit site
I have an HTC MyTouch 4G Slide that I use with SIMPLE Mobile. In the middle of August, I had my speed throttled due to reaching my monthly data cap. I was told by support that my full speeds would resume once I re-upped. 2-3 days later I re-upped but my speed test app was still showing 56k max speeds, even when I had 3-4 bars and a 4G icon.

Obviously my WiFi connection works fine at whatever the speed of the router I am connected to.

That week I happened to go on vacation so I was in both NYC and Boston, so I was using different towers throughout the northeast. Same situation: 4G icon, but capped at 56k speed.

I have been on the phone with SIMPLE Mobile support for 6-8 calls over the course of almost two weeks trying to resolve this. They say there is no flag on my account limiting my speed. They tried every combination of re-doing APN settings, having me remove the battery and SIM card prior to reboot, and supposedly re-provisioned my data account. They said this might take 24 hours to kick in. But 48 hours later I still was stuck at 56k.

At that point, they suggested I go to a dealer and replace the SIM card. Before that, I tried a full factory reset for the hell of it. No dice. Just bought a new SIM card and still stuck at 56k.

Going to call them back, but I figured I'd see what anyone thought about it.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuckm