Double Letter Glitch

Status
Not open for further replies.

onthecouchagain

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
The double-letter glitch with the stock Android keyboard (and with other keyboards that have adopted the code to the stock Gingerbread keyboard, like Better Keyboard 8) is becoming obnoxious.

It happens so frequently, and not even when typing that fast either. It seems to happen only with the first letter of words... "like tthis" for example, but it'll also happen with the first two letters of a word... "like ththis." It's especially ridiculous when this happens with only two letter words, like... "I'm going toto the movies."

It's insane how frequent these glitches occur. And I'm not alone. A search in other forums of other phones running the stock Android keyboard will show threads about this exact issue as well.

A while back I filed a report to Google. If anybody is also experiencing this, please star the report, share, and even add your own experiences if you wish: Issue 14755 - android - Android keyboard glitch: double-letters - Android - An Open Handset Alliance Project - Google Project Hosting

I even made a video a while back to show Google: YouTube - ‪Android stock keyboard glitch: double letters‬‏

It's discussed more in length on this old thread here: xda-developers - View Single Post - Keyboard Becoming Ever More Frustrating To Use

This glitch has got to be addressed and fixed.

Status
Not open for further replies.