Anything specific I should check for in a used Nexus?

nimer55

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Hi,

I'm buying a used nexus s, that's apparently "brand new", and am wondering if there's anything specific I should check for?

Make a call, open a webpage, anything else?
Also, where is the water damage indicator, and what exactly am I looking for?

(it's actually not the t-mobile version since I live in Canada, and am on AT&T-like frequencies but thought this was the most appropriate place to post it)

Thanks

Baconator

AC Adviser
Nov 21, 2010
Visit site
Re: Buying a used nexus s.

I don't now about anything specific but just make sure there aren't any defects or any damages, but if it says it is brand new it should be good, if they are telling the truth.
The water damage indicator is on the back under the battery. It should be white if it is not water damaged or I think blue or another color if it is water damaged.

Was this helpful?

nimer55

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Thanks.

He was telling the truth, it was new.

I'm new to android (coming from webos) and had a few questions:

1) is there a way to get rid of a single notification without clicking on it?
2) why does holding the menu button bring up the keyboard regardless of what app I'm in?I'm on a call, I hold it, and keyboard comes up, but does nothing when I type on it. (my friend's 2.2 device doesn't do this.. is it a 2.3.4 thing? a bug?)
3) I know google has disabled facebook contact sync, and would like to know if there are any good workarounds? (I know there are apps that sync the picture, but I want the whole contact.)

Thanks.

Any other tips would also be appreciated.

dobiegillis

Jan 5, 2011
Visit site
Thanks.

He was telling the truth, it was new.

I'm new to android (coming from webos) and had a few questions:

1) is there a way to get rid of a single notification without clicking on it?
2) why does holding the menu button bring up the keyboard regardless of what app I'm in?I'm on a call, I hold it, and keyboard comes up, but does nothing when I type on it. (my friend's 2.2 device doesn't do this.. is it a 2.3.4 thing? a bug?)
3) I know google has disabled facebook contact sync, and would like to know if there are any good workarounds? (I know there are apps that sync the picture, but I want the whole contact.)

Thanks.

Any other tips would also be appreciated.

1. No but I wish there was
2. This isn't how mine behaves. Perhaps its a setting?
3. I use ContApps to sync Facebook, LinkedIn, and Twitter contacts including pics.

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk

dobiegillis

Jan 5, 2011
Visit site
Actually I just checked and that app doesn't sync phone or email from Facebook, only photo and birthday. However I think this is blocked by FB. I recall that webos has FB integrated and can sync full contact info was a differentiator from Android and Ios. Let me know if you find an app that does it.

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk

Smokexz

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
Try NFC, and especially try the apps that are only compatible with the Nexus S( and others) Netflix, Hulu, stuff like that. Also let me give you a little tip, the web browser is slow if you have flash set to always on( assuming you downloaded Adobe Flash). To lower this lag, go to the settings and change plugin to ON DEMAND, this will now mean that flash will only enable when you enable it.

Sent from my Nexus S

Smokexz

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
Try NFC, and especially try the apps that are only compatible with the Nexus S( and others) Netflix, Hulu, stuff like that. Also let me give you a little tip, the web browser is slow if you have flash set to always on( assuming you downloaded Adobe Flash). To lower this lag, go to the settings and change plugin to ON DEMAND, this will now mean that flash will only enable when you enable it.

By the way no way around the contact sync unless you are rooted (hacked), it's in the framework.

Sent from my Nexus S

Sent from my Nexus S

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar