so i just got my samsung nexus s google phone yesterday, and i must say its not bad, my only concern is the the battery. I purchased the phone around 5pm yesterday and the phone was around half full, I drained the battery and then fully charged it til 7am this morning. I finish school around 2 pm, and my battery was only at 20%, is this normal for the phone? i was using the phone quite a bit through out the day, i even downloaded apps that help lengtehn your battery life, my phone is close to dieing and its 3pm
    11-07-2011 02:05 PM
    Depends on your usage. If you're a heavy user you won't last too long on a single charge. The best options would be to either get an extended battery, or root and install a custom kernel.
    11-07-2011 08:00 PM
    what does this kernel do?
    11-08-2011 06:07 PM
    light usage: 2 days.
    heavy usage: 1 day (have to charge at night)

honestly, even with heavy usage (music and browsing) I can still go a full day before I have to charge. I have come close though.

turn off bluetooth when you dont need it, thats what I do and I get a few more hours out of that. Wifi and 3G data turns off automatically at least when not needed, but you can try turning off which ever you dont need manually.
    11-09-2011 09:50 AM
    Light usage (some text messages, 15 mins of music, 10 web pages, 2 min calls): 8-10 hrs
    Heavy usage (around 1-2 hundred text messages, 30 mins of music, 25 web pages, 10 min calls): 4-5

If you're still worried about battery life try juicedefender, and limit the number of widgets, just don't use a task killer app
    12-05-2011 09:38 PM