Lotus Notes support on Exchange App now in ICS

Status
Not open for further replies.

selenitic

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
I discovered today on my Nexus S running ICS that the Email App has been updated to support Lotus Notes Travel natively! This might not seem like a big deal, unless you've had to suffer as I have using the IBM Lotus Traveler app (its terrible...).

The url format to use in ICS is: mail.mydomain.com/servlet/traveler/Microsoft-Server-ActiveSync
Substitute mail.mydomain.com with the url you are using in IBM Notes Traveler app.

I attempted this setup on my Xoom, but it did not work. Seems to have been added to ICS.

So enjoy Notes users!

imomperousse

Jul 25, 2011
Visit site
you know of any documentation for this, is there something that the lotus notes admin needs to enable? I tried but didn't seem to work with my galaxy nexus

anon(532032)

Oct 23, 2011
Visit site
Just updated my HTC Thunderbolt to ICS 4.0.3 (pre-lease of official build that was supposed to be out before the end of August) and although Lotus Traveler installs on ICS just fine (latest version 8.5.3...), it continually force closes - in fact it doesn't even grab mail, but things like calendar and contact search are working fine.

Anyway, to make a long story short, I found this website tonight and set up Traveler as an Exchange / Activesync option via the HTC Thunderbolt native mail client and it works PERFECTLY. Did not need any special setup or permissions from the Lotus admins as it passes on the Lotus Traveler security requirements too (i.e. phone lock password requirement, etc. that your site has configured).

Before this, I had been receiving mail via iMAP which was a real pain (I have many custom mail folders and moving back and forth with iMAP settings is awkward and ugly.)

This has totally made life so much easier!!! My only regret is that I did not find this forum sooner!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34