I rooted my nexus s a while ago on gingerbread. But now after updating my nexus s to ICS, I have noticed that my root apps weren't working anymore, when I rebooted the phone it still had the unlock icon at the bottom of the google screen. However when I downloaded an app from the android play store that check if your phone has been rooted or not, it states that my phone isn't rooted however I still have the super user app. Did the ICS update remove the root and is there a guide online that can help me root me my phone which is on ICS or will the guide for gingerbread still work? THANKS!
    05-10-2012 06:14 PM
    wow really? no one replied?
    05-11-2012 09:36 PM
    Yeah. ICS removes root. The unlock icon is your bootloader. It's still unlocked but you lost root. Go on xda (in the Nexus S thread obviously) and I believe one of the top posts is the fastest and easiest root method I've ever used. It's a rootkit, so all you need to do is download and run the installer and it opens a cmd window, and does everything for you. Since your bootloader is already unlocked, it asks you if it is and you say yes then it roots and installs clockworkmod and gives you a choice to install superuser or supersu. I have supersu and i love it. Super easy. It will literally take like 2 minutes.

Sent from my Nexus S using Android Central Forums
    06-24-2012 08:14 AM