GPS Issue and a small rant...

callison.168

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
Hello All,

I first want to say that I don't really contribute much in this forum. I'll often read forum posts but unless I know an immediate answer to a question, I don't try to help much. I'll be the first to admit that. I do want to say though that I have always been helped here regardless and I appreciate that so much. Thanks for your generosity and helping so many of us.

Okay...GPS. I have a stock Nexus S from T-mob and the GPS is not working really. I have Android 4.0.4. Again, stock. When I go to my MAPS app, it will sometimes show my current location. But what's weird, is that the circle in my notification bar for my GPS does not blink. No blinking dot in the middle of the circle. Then, let's say I want directions somewhere, it will usually show those but when I want to navigate with the navigation app,it won't do turn by turn directions. It will just keep saying "searching for GPS." The circle never blinks...This is what I've done:

factory reset
clear app data
went to best buy and t-mob for help
tried GPSFIX app and this did get the dot blinking but still didn't work

I don't know if this is a software issue (maybe with ICS) or a hardware issue (I have insurance on this phone with Best Buy). I haven't tried going back to gingerbread and trying or rooting and trying which will be my next objective if no one can help here. Any ideas? I will root again and if that doesn't work, I'll get a new phone from best buy which sucks because I've done this once already (different issue) and I have to wait a week and a half for my new phone and best buy only has a feature phone to let me borrow and so I get really annoyed. I have an old G1 but still....they should hook me up with an SII or something until I get mine back but they won't.

Now for the rant...While I was sitting at T-mob waiting to hear what their tech people on the phone were going to try (cause the rep didn't know what to do for this situation) I realized that it can suck to own a Nexus device. I doubt T-mob will ever sell one and the manager there didn't think they would. Now back to why it sucks...you don't have true support. T-mobile is not going to hand me a new phone right there or go all out to help me because they don't sell the Nexus S. They don't even have a picture of it when I go to my online profile on T-mobile.com. If it's a network problem maybe, but honestly, they don't have to help. And then best buy...well they don't even really support T-mobile too much these days anyway and they aren't specific to one carrier for me to get the true help I need. I just wish Google was a carrier and had stores or somewhere I can get immediate help. Not Google forums or me having to send off my phone through best buy. Okay....done.

Thanks everyone!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech