The other day my phone randomly bricked while I was hooking it up to my computer. It just boots to the Google logo with the soft buttons lit up at the bottom of the screen.
    When boot into the bootloader it shows that it is locked.
    When I attempt to go to the recovery screen I get the picture of the android laying on his back with a red triangular exclamation point coming out of his chest.

I wanted to try Odin to reflash it, however when I try to unlock the bootloader I get the "Unlock bootloader?" screen, but the yes/no options are not diplayed. So I can't get it to unlock the booloader.
    I am pressing the center of the volume button, then either hit the power button, or plug in the USB. Either route yields the same result.
    An incomplete rendering of the "Unlock Bootloader?" screen.

It is weird because I get the lock icon at the bottom, so it's not like it is stopping partially through the rendering of the screen. It is just not showing the yes/no options.
    Also, right above the unlock screen there is the text :
    USB Control Init
    USB Control Init End

Any thoughts? Advice?

I originally posted this as a response to someone else's thread under the Sprint Nexus S forum. I then realized it was for the Sprint version, so I am moving this over there.
    10-24-2012 02:02 PM
    The other day my phone randomly bricked while I was hooking it up to my computer. It just boots to the Google logo with the soft buttons lit up at the bottom of the screen.
    When boot into the bootloader it shows that it is locked.
    When I attempt to go to the recovery screen I get the picture of the android laying on his back with a red triangular exclamation point coming out of his chest.

I wanted to try Odin to reflash it, however when I try to unlock the bootloader I get the "Unlock bootloader?" screen, but the yes/no options are not diplayed. So I can't get it to unlock the booloader.
    I am pressing the center of the volume button, then either hit the power button, or plug in the USB. Either route yields the same result.
    An incomplete rendering of the "Unlock Bootloader?" screen.

It is weird because I get the lock icon at the bottom, so it's not like it is stopping partially through the rendering of the screen. It is just not showing the yes/no options.
    Also, right above the unlock screen there is the text :
    USB Control Init
    USB Control Init End

Any thoughts? Advice?

I originally posted this as a response to someone else's thread under the Sprint Nexus S forum. I then realized it was for the Sprint version, so I am moving this over there.
    Have you tried using fastboot commands?

Code:
    fastboot oem unlock
    10-24-2012 02:03 PM
    @dmmark, thanks for the reply.
    When the phone is booted into the bootloader it shows "fastboot mode". When I run fastboot oem unlock, it hangs at ,waiting for device>.

Same thing when I try running it when the phone is at the "Unlock bootloader?" menu.

Basically, I can't get to a point where the computer every recognizes the phone.
    10-24-2012 02:52 PM
    @dmmark, thanks for the reply.
    When the phone is booted into the bootloader it shows "fastboot mode". When I run fastboot oem unlock, it hangs at ,waiting for device>.

Same thing when I try running it when the phone is at the "Unlock bootloader?" menu.

Basically, I can't get to a point where the computer every recognizes the phone.
    Do you have a Windows machine? Are the proper drivers installed? Meaning the adb and fastboot drivers.
    10-24-2012 02:56 PM
    Yes. Windows box. However, I get the same results from my linux machine as well.
    I am doing app development and have been pushing new versions of my app to my phone. Then kaput. Not real sure what happened.
    10-24-2012 03:32 PM
    Yes. Windows box. However, I get the same results from my linux machine as well.
    I am doing app development and have been pushing new versions of my app to my phone. Then kaput. Not real sure what happened.
    Hmmmm. That's really odd. Have you tried different USB ports, cables, etc.?
    10-24-2012 03:37 PM
    Tried different cables, different machines.
    No cables, since you can boot into the unlock bootlader screen without a cable. Still does not show me a yes/no option to unlock the bootloader.
    10-24-2012 10:20 PM
    Tried different cables, different machines.
    No cables, since you can boot into the unlock bootlader screen without a cable. Still does not show me a yes/no option to unlock the bootloader.
    I'm usually the last person to recommend this, but have you tried any one click toolkits?
    10-24-2012 10:22 PM
    No. Do you have any recommendations?
    10-24-2012 10:40 PM
    So I was able to get Odin to maybe recognize my phone from the screwed up Unlock bootlader screen.
    But it appears to be hanging.
    I'm not sure I selected the right files. I've never used Odin.

Unable to unlock bootlader.-odin.png
    10-25-2012 07:24 AM