Nexus S won't sync contacts anymore

MrtnD

Jan 5, 2013
Visit site
Hi everyone,
all of a sudden my Nexus S on 4.1.2 has stopped syncing my google contacts. And only my contacts, see screenshot below. No changes to settings were made, this came out of nowhere.
Does anyone have any idea what's going on and how I can solve this?
Tried this so far:
- Turning the phone off and back on
- Unchecking the box and re-checking it
- Options - "Sync now" makes everything in the list sync except my contacts of course :(

OHqbo.png

Thanks in advance!

mathguru

Dec 8, 2012
Visit site
First, try clicking the circular arrows. If that doesn't work, uncheck the box, then check it again. Finally, if all else fails, delete your Google account and re-add it.

Gonzalo Massa

Jan 25, 2013
Visit site
Hey, it's me again.

I think I found a solution, this is what I did:

1. Go to configuration, manage aplications.
2. Find Contacts app then delete cache > delete data > force close
3. Find Contacts Sync then delete cache > delete data > force close
4. Find Contacts Storage then delete cache > delete data > force close
5. Go to config, accounts & sync, and sync all. It will take a long time now to sync all contacts but it worked ok.

I hope this hepls :)

indo_canadian

Oct 2, 2014
Visit site
Hi:

I have a similar situation. I have a Nexus S running Android v.4.1.2 on Wind Mobile in Canada.

I have two gmail accounts: account1 at gmail dot com (This is the account that I used when I setup the phone for the first time), and account2 at gmail dot com that I have added recently. In the "People" icon/app, I have contacts from my account1, outlook and whatsapp.

When I go into Settings -> Accounts -> account1 -> Sync -> Check Contacts box, it syncs up all contacts in the "People" icon to my account1, and I can see those contacts in account1 Gmail (left top corner dropdown) -> Contacts -> My Contacts.

I do the exact same steps as above for account2, and after the sync, I don't see any contacts in account2 Gmail (left top corner dropdown) -> Contacts -> My Contacts.

I've tried numerous times and I'm getting the same results. I did read the steps in post #4 by Gonzalo Massa, however I am reluctant in executing those steps due to a potential of losing the contacts data by doing the "delete data" in the Contacts and Contacts Storage apps.

I know I have the option of manually exporting the contacts in CSV format from account1 and then importing them manually into account2. I'm just wondering at this time whether it's even possible for the contacts in the "People" icon/app to sync everything to multiple gmail accounts on one Android phone.

Can someone please review and advise?

Thanks in advance.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
steve1084